Dealer Experiences

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
Idz21

Post by Idz21 »

larryengel328 wrote:I've always had a great experience at JMK. Great people to work with in sales, parts, and service.

Service department has always been very efficient and explained all of the diagnosis and repairs (on the rare occasion I've had a problem with the car.) Most important, I've neverfelt like I was being taken advantage of.

I wouldn't hesitate to use JMK - they're the best dealer I've ever dealt with in every way. (Admittedly, they're the only BMW dealer I've used.)

Larry
Where's JMK located?
IIIM3 ZCP - Interlagos Blue on Ecru - Options {SMG-NAV-HFS-XHL-PDC}

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

Route 22 East in Springfield.

http://www.jmkbmw.com

Idz21

Post by Idz21 »

kbsilver wrote:Route 22 East in Springfield.

http://www.jmkbmw.com
That's awesome. It's right on the way to work for me.

Anyone know how they treat service customers that purchased their vehicles at other dealerships? Would I be able to secure a loaner car?
IIIM3 ZCP - Interlagos Blue on Ecru - Options {SMG-NAV-HFS-XHL-PDC}

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

This is the one rule that varies by dealer. JMK will treat you right but will NOT under any circumstance give you a loaner car unless the car being serviced was purchased from them (you can rent from enterprise there).

Hunterdon WILL give a loner even if you did not purchase.

Bottom line getting the car fixed correctly is still the most important point to me.

DanH

Post by DanH »

is JMKM Service open on the weekends? the thing that killed me was that Denville is closed on saturday.

edit: nevermind.. yes they are, 9-1 new home for the 5!

orientblue3

Post by orientblue3 »

I used to get my parts at Open Road. Matt Renda has always helped me out, along with some of the other guys like Tim. Too bad the dealership decided to drop the 20% CCA discount as of 2/1/05.

Some of the client advisors, like Ralph Gallina, is great to deal with too.

I have mixed feelings about service though.
CCA #176332
///333

pietern740il

Post by pietern740il »

I did not purchase my car from JMK, but the service is great. I made it a point to speak with Tim, when I go.

SLEWIS8827

JMK THEY'RE GREAAAAAT!!!!!!!

Post by SLEWIS8827 »

JMK is more than great they are excellent and one of the best in the tri state area. We have used them for over 20 years on all of our Bmw's. I believe they have one of the only BMW certified body shops in the area and have top notch service. They salesman are professional and they have a pretty nice size parts department as well. I recommend them to anybody looking for anything related to BMW automobiles.

JEFF

:lol:
Previous cars-
85 E30 325e , 94 E34 525i
97 E39 528i , 01 E39 528i
00 E38 740iL

Current Cars-
2001 E38 740iL
2002 E39 530i
2006 E60 530i

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

I went back to Princeton to have the oil changed in my husband's car (also in between), and, since I learned my lesson, I filled the windshield washer to the rim, so they would not charge me $4 to fill it again (remember they did that last time without me asking them to) well, this time they charged me $5.50 for filling the windshield washer. When I pointed out that it was already full, the service person told me they do that automatic. Do I believe that, or is this particular service person out to get me?

DanH

Post by DanH »

taxwoman wrote:I went back to Princeton to have the oil changed in my husband's car (also in between), and, since I learned my lesson, I filled the windshield washer to the rim, so they would not charge me $4 to fill it again (remember they did that last time without me asking them to) well, this time they charged me $5.50 for filling the windshield washer. When I pointed out that it was already full, the service person told me they do that automatic. Do I believe that, or is this particular service person out to get me?
you're getting shammed. here's an idea for you, call 7 on your side next time you need to go in for an oil change. have them film the car with full wiper fluid, you going in to get serviced, and then have them film the bill. go to the GM on Princeton and ask them why they do that and also have them contact BMWNA and ask them if this is a normal practice. bad dealers should be called out and either change management/owner or be shut down.

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

Dan, long before I bought my cars at Princeton, I heard of their reputation as being abominable. Unfortunately, they had the car I wanted, 6spd manual stickshift, and the price I was willing to pay. I had gone to Freehold King BMW, and they tried to tell me the steptronic is almost manual shifting, I laughed at them, and said thank you very much. I had a problem with my service handler before and I think he's just trying to get even with me. My car's airconditioner came on even if it was 32 degrees out, whenever I pushed the autom. climat control. He tried to tell me, that's the way it's supposed to be, and I complained to the Manager, and when I was called later by BMW I did not give the 5 points for each question. I believe he's trying to get even with me. I also paid $92 for this oil change, and only $90 for the other car.

m20power

Post by m20power »

taxwoman wrote:I went back to Princeton to have the oil changed in my husband's car (also in between), and, since I learned my lesson, I filled the windshield washer to the rim, so they would not charge me $4 to fill it again (remember they did that last time without me asking them to) well, this time they charged me $5.50 for filling the windshield washer. When I pointed out that it was already full, the service person told me they do that automatic. Do I believe that, or is this particular service person out to get me?
I think you got hosed. That is the kind of car service - topping off of fluids - that my dealer will do, but at no charge. I wouldn't pay the charge. It's not for the $5, but the principle. And, if the reservoir was truly full, then you are being charged for work/materials not performed. Time to establish the ground rules with Princeton.

Bob

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

Bob, naturally I did not pay for it, and he did take it off the bill, but overall, I paid $2 more this time for the oil change than I did 3 weeks ago. I asked to have the service person changed. Also, the passenger seatbelt needed to be exchanged ( the car is only a 2003), and the service person pointed out they washed the car, but never mentioned that the seatbeld wasn't changed. Later at home I checked my answering machine, and there he said he had to order the seatbelt, but never said a word when I picked up the car that the seatbelt is still not working right.

badbadm

Post by badbadm »

taxwoman wrote:...and I think he's just trying to get even with me. My car's airconditioner came on even if it was 32 degrees out, whenever I pushed the autom. climat control. He tried to tell me, that's the way it's supposed to be, and I complained to the Manager, and when I was called later by BMW I did not give the 5 points for each question. I believe he's trying to get even with me.
On the 3 Series automatic climate control, it is normal for the AC compressor light to illuminate (snowflake light) when you push the "Auto" button, regardless of outside air temperature.

SLEWIS8827

Post by SLEWIS8827 »

[quote="badbadm
On the 3 Series automatic climate control, it is normal for the AC compressor light to illuminate (snowflake light) when you push the "Auto" button, regardless of outside air temperature.[/quote]

I have auto climate control on my 5 and yes the snowflake light should illuminate. The snowflake has nothing to do with snow it has to with the temperature of the car. Its not a heat feature its a cold a/c feature, I believe it keeps the temp cool around 60 or so. Also cool air features are color coded with a green light on the button, heat are coded with a orangey red light on the button.

Jeff
Previous cars-
85 E30 325e , 94 E34 525i
97 E39 528i , 01 E39 528i
00 E38 740iL

Current Cars-
2001 E38 740iL
2002 E39 530i
2006 E60 530i