Preferred Insurance Company?

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
Allison

Preferred Insurance Company?

Post by Allison »

Hi all,

So what company do you use for car insurance?

I've been with GEICO for the past few years, but they want to increase my premium by $100 for Market Adjustment. That's pretty intense for a renewed 6-month policy with no new tickets/claims/etc. I'm also driving less due to the pandemic, and I'm sure many can relate to that. I know I have young driver woes...but WOW!!! Time to start shopping :idea:

Thanks,
Allison
2009 e92 328i xDrive - Montego Blue
1995 e3(?) 325ti - Alaska Blue

ruru1948@aol.com

Re: Preferred Insurance Company?

Post by ruru1948@aol.com »

Hi Allison, I use Plymouth Rock and have been happy with rates. Also, no issues with a collision claim about 10 years ago. They also have an affinity program with our NJ BMW club.

Pete

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

I also use Plymouth Rock, and have been happy with them. I don't think I've had a claim since we switched to them.

-- Matthew

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

NJM - https://www.njm.com/
Strangely, Plymouth Rock insists that I live outside of their "service area".

Allison

Post by Allison »

Hi Pete and Matthew,

Thank you very much for the tip. My Plymouth Rock quote undercuts what I have been paying with GEICO, and that's before this $100 'Market Adjustment'. I don't see anything related to our Chapter (the representative wasn't aware of it either), so I will do more research on that. Either way, I am happy with the quote and will probably switch if GEICO doesn't budge.

Afadeev,

Thank you for the recommendation! I have heard good things about NJM, yet they seem to quote me at a significantly higher rate vs everywhere else. I guess I am still too much of a risk, but I will consider them in the future.

Thanks all
2009 e92 328i xDrive - Montego Blue
1995 e3(?) 325ti - Alaska Blue

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

Allison wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:20 am
Thank you very much for the tip. My Plymouth Rock quote undercuts what I have been paying with GEICO, and that's before this $100 'Market Adjustment'. I don't see anything related to our Chapter (the representative wasn't aware of it either), so I will do more research on that.
I had some time on my hands today, and got to chat with Plymouth Rock folks on the phone.
Any autoclub gets you a discount, AAA works just as well as BMW CCA.

FWIW, Plymouth Rock's quote was a little cheaper on my auto side, but much more expensive on the home.
Overall, it's about a wash.

Fun fact: BMW is now the cheapest car I am insuring.
Thanks to its slow but steady depreciation, and the ridiculous insurance rates on the Tesla.
Last edited by afadeev on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueray16

Post by blueray16 »

I've been using NJM for auto insurance since I was a teenager on my dad's policy. And for home insurance since 1979. Prices may not be the lowest, but in my opinion, their claim service, at least on auto has been top rate. Fast and hassle free, which is most important to me. I've never had a claim on my homeowners Ins.

After first year, the company pays a dividend which varies based on their claim experience for the prior year. Thay have also been known to issue special dividends on their auto insurance just about every year. Dividend varies but usually comes to around $200 total/ year, as I recall.

I've never been threatened with cancellation after a claim, nor have my premiums been jacked up, even when my teenage daughter totaled her car while on my policy. Thats not always the case with other auto insurers. For claims performance and peace of mind, I'm a customer for life.
Paul
I should also report that they sent me a $50 Covid rebate in 2019 and another $18 Covid rebate in 2020. Thats some corporate integrity in my book

GL59876

Post by GL59876 »

Try NJM. Used to be New Jersey Manufacturers. GEICO is great, until you have a claim. Same for USAA. State Farm is expensive, but they are dedicated and reliable. Gary 59876