Any more info on the club meeting on Oct 19?

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
kbsilver

Any more info on the club meeting on Oct 19?

Post by kbsilver »

For the meeting at Open Road in Edison. Does it really start at 8PM? This is later than usual for a dealer based meeting. The description is a bit vague, this is not a tech night?

Thanks

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

It figures, the one time the meeting is closer to my home I'll be in Texas (driving my brothers Porsche, hehehe - with one hand)
Christina
2013 535I
2014 535XD

itznin

Post by itznin »

Hi,

I just joined, what is this meeting about?

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

That's what I'm trying to find out. This is a special meeting held at the regular monthly meeting time, but not yet sure what's going to occur at this meeting.

itznin

Post by itznin »

I see, well I'm a brand new member so I obviously have never been to any meetings.

Just trying to get a feel for what this "club" is all about.

Is there a good place to look for an Overview?

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

If you wish to be an active member, I'll recommend starting by coming to the monthly meetings. As I said not sure what the activities are for this month, but if you are a car nut like the rest of us, you're sure to find it interesting. Meetings typically have 25-50 attendees (except for the big one every year at BMW NA headwuarters where it is more like 300+). Plan on attending. :D

m20power

Post by m20power »

New Info!

Monthly membership meeting will be held at Open Road BMW. This social meeting starts at 7pm with dinner served at 7:30.

Address is 731 Route 1 South, Edison, NJ.

davidfinch1

October Open Road Meeting

Post by davidfinch1 »

The October meeting at Open Road will start at 7:00, we will change the time on the Site. The meeting is more of a social get together. Winter Prep for your car will be the topic. Two lifts will be available with two Master Tech's on hand to answer any mechanical questions you may have about your car or the new 5 point rear suspension in the E/90. The Dealership is planning to have dinner catered!!! They also have a lot of great door prizes they will be giving away. I understand they have several wheel packages that are "left overs" that are going to be offered at terriffic prices. Open Road made a big commitment to us for 2006 in advertising and Club support. This is our first visit to the Dealership in years, and should be a fun gathering. If you are new to the Club and plan to attend, drop me an email and I'll have someone buddy up with you there to explain what activities we offer and introduce you around.

David Finch

kbsilver

Dave - Sounds great

Post by kbsilver »

Dave - Sounds great. Glad to hear Open Road is strongly supporting the club again. Can we get them to reinstate the club members discount on parts?

If space is availble on a lift and were doing it, wouldn't mind having the 5 series wagon I recently picked up (80K miles) inspected by our experts. :D

m20power

Post by m20power »

To help us plan for the catered dinner at Open Road next Wednesday, please tell us how many you'll be bringing by using the member poll (below left). Thanks.

Bob

SLEWIS8827

Post by SLEWIS8827 »

Sounds like a lot of fun. My dad and I plan on being there.

-Jeff
Previous cars-
85 E30 325e , 94 E34 525i
97 E39 528i , 01 E39 528i
00 E38 740iL

Current Cars-
2001 E38 740iL
2002 E39 530i
2006 E60 530i

mderienzo

Re: Dave - Sounds great

Post by mderienzo »

kbsilver wrote:Can we get them to reinstate the club members discount on parts?
http://www.openroadbmw.com/coupons/parts/

Open Road has a 15% coupon for parts on their web site...

dhirschhorn

Re: Dave - Sounds great

Post by dhirschhorn »

mderienzo wrote: http://www.openroadbmw.com/coupons/parts/

Open Road has a 15% coupon for parts on their web site...
Thanks for posting this Mark, I knew nothing about the 15% off coupon at open road.