REMINDER - Monthly meeting tonight at the Deutscher Club

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
MTROIS

REMINDER - Monthly meeting tonight at the Deutscher Club

Post by MTROIS »

We are very excited to welcome Phlippe Defechereux, former car industry executive Marketing Manager and author of book: Watkins Glen, the Street Years 1948-1952.
You will be able to purchase a copy of this book for $50 and have it autographed by Philippe.

This promises to be a very interesting meeting.

We hope to see you around 6:30pm.

See you all there!
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

MTROIS

Re: REMINDER - Monthly meeting tonight at the Deutscher Club

Post by MTROIS »

Well, this meeting has left me with two completely opposite feelings!

On the one hand, it was a truly fantastic meeting with our guest speaker, Philippe Defechereux, being not only knowledgeable about the car industry, Watkins Glen and road racing in general, but also being a great presenter that pulls you in by sharing with you the stories behind what made Watkins Glen such a legendary place in the world of automobile racing. I am so glad I picked up one of the copies of his book because I will really learn so much about this piece of americana and automobile Legend.
If you are interested yourself or looking for a nice car-related Christmas gift for your significant other, please get him Philippe's book which you can get from Bob Zecca at Driving Impressions (https://www.teamdi.com/product/watkins- ... eet-years/). I am sure that this gift would really be enjoyed!!

On the other hand, this meeting also left me really disapointed by the low turnout last night with fewer than 20 members in attendance. I do not know if the date did not suit most people as we enter in the last few months of the year or if you, fellow member, were not aware of the meeting or simply did not care for the topic, but it was indeed disapointing.

I am really looking forward to reading people's comments about this meeting and our events in general so that we can better serve you all.

We are convinced that many many people would have enjoyed this presentation last night, so there is a high chance that we will be inviting Philippe again soon. Stay tuned.
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

Razzy23

Post by Razzy23 »

MTROIS wrote:Well, this meeting has left me with two completely opposite feelings!

On the one hand, it was a truly fantastic meeting with our guest speaker, Philippe Defechereux, being not only knowledgeable about the car industry, Watkins Glen and road racing in general, but also being a great presenter that pulls you in by sharing with you the stories behind what made Watkins Glen such a legendary place in the world of automobile racing. I am so glad I picked up one of the copies of his book because I will really learn so much about this piece of americana and automobile Legend.
If you are interested yourself or looking for a nice car-related Christmas gift for your significant other, please get him Philippe's book which you can get from Bob Zecca at Driving Impressions (https://www.teamdi.com/product/watkins- ... eet-years/). I am sure that this gift would really be enjoyed!!

On the other hand, this meeting also left me really disapointed by the low turnout last night with fewer than 20 members in attendance. I do not know if the date did not suit most people as we enter in the last few months of the year or if you, fellow member, were not aware of the meeting or simply did not care for the topic, but it was indeed disapointing.

I am really looking forward to reading people's comments about this meeting and our events in general so that we can better serve you all.

We are convinced that many many people would have enjoyed this presentation last night, so there is a high chance that we will be inviting Philippe again soon. Stay tuned.
I planned to attend but last-minute issues did not allow for that to occur. Too bad.

BMWE30M3CABRIO

Post by BMWE30M3CABRIO »

Didn't realize there was a meeting or at least I did not see a meeting listed prior to Octoberfest...

Would have loved to have gone....

currencydog

Post by currencydog »

I had seen the schedule earlier in the month and then forgot the meeting was happening that night. We used to receive reminder emails. I liked those, but understand not all may. I would like to be included in a reminder listing for both club and board meetings and any other events.