Auto Show in April

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
currencydog

Auto Show in April

Post by currencydog »

Does anyone plan on going to the auto show in April? I know we have done early entry preview for the last few years. I would be interested to go. It would be a shame if the porsche club was the only early entrants : )

Razzy23

Re: Auto Show in April

Post by Razzy23 »

Im sure the New York Chapter will send out invites to NJ members again this year. Someone correct me if Im wrong, please....

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

Nothing yet on nybmwcca.org web site.

We usually turn this event into a family outing, though I'm struggling to think of what I want to see this year.
i3, i8, F80, F82, & F56 all came out last year, LCI for F80 is not due to be shown until later.
What's on tap for this year ?

a

pcrbmw

Post by pcrbmw »

I found this article that's pretty cool

"BMW will celebrate the 40th anniversary of BMW North America as well as the company’s first major US motorsports victory at the 1975 12 Hours of Sebring at the 2015 New York International Auto Show. The company will also celebrate the 50th anniversary of ALPINA with the North American debut of the 2016 BMW ALPINA B6 xDrive Gran Coupe.

Additional vehicles that will be displayed at the BMW Stand include the Sebring-winning 1975 BMW 3.0 CSL, a current BMW Z4 GTLM race car, and a 1970 BMW 2002ti ALPINA race car. Other highlights will include the BMW i8 and i3, as well as the BMW X5M, and X6M."

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/03/05/bmw-a ... auto-show/
Richter Motoren
2004 325xi Alpine
1987 325is Zinno
-----
2003 330ci - Sold
1988 325is - R.I.P.

Razzy23

Post by Razzy23 »

Any news on the special preview invite?

pauln

Post by pauln »

Confirmed. Courtesy of the NY BMW CCA.

BMW NA and the New York Chapter present the early morning preview at the New York International Auto Show
Saturday, April 4th at 9am.

In order to participate in this event members will need to do the following:

-E-mail autoshow@nybmwcca.org prior to March 31st with the following info:
Your Name, your VALID club ID number, and the names of any guests (limit of three (3) per member).
Example club member Joe Smith #123456, Guests Bob Smith, and Tom Jones
Your name will be added to our guest list.
Please wait for a confirmation e-mail before you purchase your tickets as we are doing things a little different this year.

-You MUST purchase your tickets in advance online from the Jacob Javits Center (www.autoshowny.com)
Adults - $16.00 adults, Children under 12 - $7.00

-On Saturday, April 4th, arrive at the Javits Center, North Concourse Level (the upper doorway on 10th ave between 33rd and 34th street) by 8:15 a.m. with your valid BMW CCA ID card. If you do not have your card, you will not be admitted to the event. Temporary cards can be printed by visiting National's website (www.bmwcca.org).

-The event starts at 9:00 a.m. If you arrive late you will not be able to attend.

AS GUESTS OF BMW USA, PLEASE SHOW THEM THE COURTESY OF REMAINING WITHIN THEIR DISPLAY FOR THE ENTIRE PRESENTATION.
Registration for this event will close on Tuesday, March 31st.

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

For those who plan to attend: Javits Center is between 11th and 12th Ave, not 10th.

The main entrance is off 11th Avenue, though every year, I end up fighting my way to the show floor on my own as it's never clearly communicated as to where we are gathering ;-)

colin

Post by colin »

Would like to attend, but have commitments later in the day also. About what time would one expect the "presentation" to be over with?

currencydog

Post by currencydog »

In the past it has usually been by the General public opening which is 10 I think.

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

colin wrote:Would like to attend, but have commitments later in the day also. About what time would one expect the "presentation" to be over with?
The "preview" part is done by the time the show opens to the public 1 hour later, but your tickets are good for the entire day.

You can leave whenever you like.

a

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

Razzy23

Post by Razzy23 »

so do CCA members purchase or not purchase tickets in advance of the show?

pauln

Post by pauln »

Like previous years, you must have tickets with you to enter the show.

currencydog

Post by currencydog »

I received this email from NY coca but I had registered with them for the early entry:

hope you did not but your ticket yet because  bmwusa is sponsoring a limited number of bmwcca members with a free ticket with a valid/current bmwcca membership, however your guest will have to prepurchase their  tickets,

see you at the show and please arrive by 8:30 as no one will be admitted after 9:00am
and please, if you will not be attending the autoshow please let me know as soon as possible so the tickets can be offered to other bmwcca members

regards,
sherwin

nybmwcca autoshow

Did you submit your name and cca number? I Will have to buy one for my wife but not for me...

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

$2 off adult tickets with Promo code: NY15AAA