OFest racing school - space still available

Use this forum to talk about club racing.
davidmcintyre

OFest racing school - space still available

Post by davidmcintyre »

We are holding a BMW Club Racing school at the same time as the OFest Club Race, the weekend of July 22/23, at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI.

A BMW Club Racing school provides advanced driver school students the opportunity to learn more about racing, race craft, car preparation and anything else they need to learn to become racers. Each of the two days will have four 30 minute on-track sessions. These on-track sessions are different from normal DE events in that you will be learning skills specific to racing, such as passing in corners, drafting, taking corners offline, starting, etc. You will practice passing all over the track, etc. The classroom sessions will focus on race techniques, skills and knowledge.

Some BMW Club Racing schools are provided by DCI, but this OFest school will be put on by our own Club Racing staff, lead by Club Racing founder Scott Hughes.

Car and safety gear requirements are the same as a driving school. For students that brings cars with full Club Racing safety equipment and personal safety gear, a "graduation race" will be held. This isn't quite a real race, but it will be a step in that direction. It is not required that you drive a BMW; any car capable of passing a driver school tech may participate.

I have heard nothing both raves about these racing schools. There is a great description of the schools at the CR website, here:

http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/static/ ... l_info.pdf

The school is open to advanced driver school students, instructors and experienced racers.

I am the registrar for the school, and the cost is $500. Because many/most of the students in this school are not licensed club racers, we will not be using the CR website for registration. Instead, email me with your interests. You may send checks made out to "BMW CCA Club Racing" at my home address.

Frankly, turn out for this school is running low. If you have friends that may be interested, please forward this email to them. If you are on any local chapter email lists or forums, please post this notice there.

Thanks, Dave