Health Insurance Question

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
DanH

Health Insurance Question

Post by DanH »

Right now i don't have health insurance. I'm not old but i'm definately not getting any younger. My consulting company doesn't offer medical (or i think it's some insane amount). How do I go about getting medical for myself and how much am i going to look at? what should i look out for and any particular companies i should use/avoid? Figure i'll get some now incase something happens before i find a new job; yes, i am seeking since i really don't like the company i'm with; i do like where i work and who i worth with, just not the consulting company i'm employed with. So anyone can help me out on this health insurance question? thanks!

Benneyb

Post by Benneyb »

Dan,

I faced a similar situation last year when I was consulting. My wife and I started a "small" company, just the two of us, to enable small business insurance quotes. We were getting quotes of roughly $900 - $1200 per month, the same I was paying under COBRA, FWIW.

I ended up becoming full time, but you may want to consider this. Pay a few hundred bucks to setup, then all kinds of deductions are available. <g>

Regards,

Bruce

chivas

Post by chivas »

Benneyb wrote:Dan,

I faced a similar situation last year when I was consulting. My wife and I started a "small" company, just the two of us, to enable small business insurance quotes. We were getting quotes of roughly $900 - $1200 per month, the same I was paying under COBRA, FWIW.

I ended up becoming full time, but you may want to consider this. Pay a few hundred bucks to setup, then all kinds of deductions are available. <g>

Regards,

Bruce

I'm actually starting a parts store. just set up an account with a supplier for OEM parts.

$900-$1200!!!! god damn!!! what's with the gap? who's a good provider? my former doctor said to go with Oxford if i can (when i was with my last job i had Aetna).

DanH

Post by DanH »

ok... what happened.. DanH = chivas which is right.. i guess i forgot i had an account openned under that name.. oops! sorry.