NJ @Shenadoah

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
RealM3E30

NJ @Shenadoah

Post by RealM3E30 »

Just wanted to drop a quick note about this past weeks school @Shenandoah. First, anyone who is buying any of the negative publicity about the track obviously has not driven it since the changes that were made over the winter. We just finished two fabulous day's with no incidents, no broken cars and a bunch of perma grin. :D The classroom session was first rate, the facility is coming along in leaps and bounds. The new configuration makes this track a real challenge where horsepower doesn't really mean much, e-30's Love this track. 8) Just my two cents, I will also add that our advanced run group only had eight cars, hee, hee, almost seemed like we rented it for ouselves. See ya at LRP, Bob.

fuenfer

Post by fuenfer »

I couldn't agree more. This was my first driving event, so I don't really have much to reference this to, but I must say it was an incredible experience! Thanks to all who put this event together.

mderienzo

Post by mderienzo »

I agree with Bob's comments above. I have attended more than 50 driver schools since 1997 (this was my second at Shenandoah) and this one was the best so far. Everything really came together - a well-organized event, an excellent facility, perfect weather and the challenging track.

Due to a lack of long straights and an abundance of complex corners with multiple possible lines, this track keeps you busy and on your toes the whole time you are in the car. My E30 feels right at home here. I don't think this track is any more dangerous than any other track in the Northeast US.

I will certainly return every chance I get.

Neil

Post by Neil »

Just wanted to thank you all for putting together a terrific school.

This was the first time I've run with you and the first time I've driven Shenandoah.

Had a terrific time and can't wait to get back.

Neil
99 M Coupe
DC tags "MDORPHN"

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

Let me add my agreement with all the comments above. This is a terrific track for improving all your driving skills with its variety of turns, cambers, approaches, etc. We had several students remark at the end of the school how much fun they had and how glad they were to have progressed from difficulty with the track to true enjoyment.

I encourage everyone to come to our next event at Shenandoah and have a great time.

Jeff

E30M3SM

Shenandoah School

Post by E30M3SM »

I teach for many organizations and I must say that the NJ Chapter host an extremely profesional and organized event. The instuctor corp is friendly the students are courteous and the school ran w/o any incidents. As the classroom instructor I was impressed with the students desire to learn and share with their classmates. All schools should be run this way. Gerry Chan (white E30M3 #63)

Benneyb

Post by Benneyb »

Another happy camper here. This was my 3rd school with the NJ chapter, and I agree, was the best for me as well.

An incredibly challenging and interesting track was of course the highlight. I personally went from being a bit intimidated after the first run group, to laughing out loud when cresting the rise after the bridge by the end of day 1 and throughout day 2.

Kudos to all, especially the instructors and organizers.

Bruce Benney (Infinity G35 Coupe)

fuenfer

Post by fuenfer »

I just wanted to express my thanks to Gerry for his excellent classroom instruction and for the ride he gave me in his car. Ross Bentley's "Speed Secrets" and "Inner Speed Secrets" just arrived from Barnes and Noble and I am beginning to read the first book.

I have to agree with benneyb about being intimidated at first -- I was always lifting at the hill -- to "laughing out loud" cresting the hill towards the end of the second day (I stopped lifting early on the second day).

Thanks again to everyone who put this together!

Phil (545i #15).

mderienzo

Post by mderienzo »

fuenfer wrote:I have to agree with benneyb about being intimidated at first -- I was always lifting at the hill -- to "laughing out loud" cresting the hill towards the end of the second day (I stopped lifting early on the second day).
Yes...and then you will find that the faster you take the right-hander coming out of the Pistol Grip, the more air you can get as you crest the hill. In 5 days at Shenandoah, it never occurred to me to lift while cresting the hill.

E30M3SM

Shenandoah school

Post by E30M3SM »

Hello Gang: If you can get to full throttle by the midpoint of the Karussel or 4-wheel drift the Hook Turn or 4-wheel drift from the apex of the Loop Curve to the track-out you will indeed be laughing out loud. Can it be legal to have this much fun? Gerry Chan