Club discounts on parts and services at NJ BMW dealers.

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
awbusch

Club discounts on parts and services at NJ BMW dealers.

Post by awbusch »

Could a list be made available of the current BMWCCA discounts that are offered at our NJ BMW dealerships?

I'm very grateful that our chapter has negotiated these club discounts, plus they have led me (and I imagine other members) to having a much closer relationship with my local dealership (for me, that's Morristown BMW). With my 3 current BMWs, and the many others I've owned over the years, they have saved me time and money with their help and advice. This has all been fostered by our club discounts (thanks again!). And, I find that it's created a loyalty relationship that leads me to check with my local dealer before buying from another source, on line or otherwise.

Recently, I purchased an accessory part from Morristown BMW, where for years I've a 20% discount (sometimes even higher), and I was disappointed to learn that our club discount has recently been dropped to 15%.

Thanks for any help with this!
Art Busch

NeilE30

Re: Club discounts on parts and services at NJ BMW dealers.

Post by NeilE30 »

Art,

It would be best to ask the individual dealers what discounts they are offering to Club members if that is going to affect your purchase. We have always relied on the generosity of the dealers to set their own discount rate. The downside of putting a list together is if the dealer discount rate changes, the list would need constant updating.
On the plus side, on purchases that I have made in the past from dealers that offered a discount to Club members, it more than paid for my Club membership for the year.

Neil

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

A discount % is only of relative value. I have found that the "list price" for the same item varies from dealer to dealer. Probably more value in the long run is establishing a good relationship with a dealer that offers good prices.
-Keith

'11 335D & '17 340GT

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

Art,

I'm going to agree with Keith and Neil above. However, if you can get to Morristown, BMW Roxbury isn't that much further. They've routinely bent over backwards to help me. Some parts are naturally just more expensive, but they're spot on for what I've needed. I used to deal with "Little Manny" over there, but I think he ended up in Newton. I can't think of the two guys at Roxbury that have helped me, but usually it's 20% or better off list. I always make sure to politely ask if I can use my NJ BMW CCA discount, and they've always honored, or admitted they could do a tad better.

Good luck,
Scott

RealM3E30

Post by RealM3E30 »

The Club should have a list of Sponsors and relative discounts available to our members. This is on my agenda for our next board meeting January 9th, BTW, all members are invited to attend !!
91 E30 M//3 GQ
88 E30 M//3 TR
07 E91 328XIT
12 E70 X5D
16 F31 MSport Wagon
71 2002 Vintage Race Car