Need good detailer

This is the place to post any topics related to the NJBMWCCA Community that don't fall into the other categories.
taxwoman

Need good detailer

Post by taxwoman »

Can anyone recommend a good detailer? My car has a lot of pin point little nicks. Preferably in Central Jersey.
Christina
2013 535I
2014 535XD

kbsilver

Re: Need good detailer

Post by kbsilver »

Not a detailer, but a tip. When you get your brand new car have XPel paint protection put on at least the front face and headlights of the car. This will prevent what Christina is trying to fix. I had it done to our 340 GT and it ran about $400. The film is self healing so if it gets damaged, it will fix itself (within it's limits.).
-Keith

'11 335D & '17 340GT

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

thanks Keith, but my car is now 5 years old, and I have no intention of buying a new one, since I'm going to retire in 5 months, that will cut my income to 1/4 of what I have now.
Christina
2013 535I
2014 535XD

kbsilver

Post by kbsilver »

taxwoman wrote:thanks Keith, but my car is now 5 years old, and I have no intention of buying a new one, since I'm going to retire in 5 months, that will cut my income to 1/4 of what I have now.
Ha, have you beat. I "got retired" almost a year ago (wasn't my choice). My plan was to have our new car paid for before retiring. Well I got my notice between the time I ordered the car and took possession of it :shock: Fortunately my income was only cut in half before starting SS. Don't you also have a pension (which is what saved me).

My point about the XPel is for the other readers. Had you done that WHEN your 5 year old car was NEW, you would not be looking for a detailer now.
-Keith

'11 335D & '17 340GT

taxwoman

Post by taxwoman »

my pension is the 1/4 of my salary, because I was only with the State for 18 years. Luckily my car is paid for.
Christina
2013 535I
2014 535XD