2017 NJ Chapter Banquet

Post topics about banquets, picnics, and other social events here.
LilVic20

2017 NJ Chapter Banquet

Post by LilVic20 »

Hello, all... Today is the first day of Feb and I thought I'd share some trivia with you:
> February is the month with the least amount of days in the year.
> We celebrate both Valentine’s Day and President’s Day.
> Since 2002, the Superbowl is held the first Sunday of February.
> The 3rd weekend of February is National Margarita Weekend.
> 01-Feb 1790 - First session of the U.S. Supreme Court conducted in New York City.
> 01-Feb 1913 - Grand Central Terminal opened in New York as the world's largest train station.
> 25-Feb 1901 - J.P. Morgan incorporated the United States Steel Corporation.
> 25-Feb 2017 - Annual NJ Chapter Banquet!

Now I can't guarantee that our banquet this year will be historic in nature, but I can tell you that we'll be having a great time. In addition to a delicious buffet dinner with lots of variety, we've booked an impressive 5-piece band, BLUE SOUL, that will be playing jazz, blues, and some upbeat covers for our enjoyment. Please come out for a fun evening to socialize with friends, meet your NJ Chapter Board, and of course many chances to win some awesome door prizes... I hear that even a BMW bicycle may be offered as one of our top prizes this year.

All of our local BMWCCA members and spouses/guests are highly encouraged to join us for this annual event. Tickets are $65 per person, and must be purchased in advance.

For more information, please see the following in our events section of the website:
http://www.njbmwcca.org/event/annual_banquet/

Please let me know if you should have any questions:
vlucariello@celgene.com

Thank you!
-Vic Jr.

edbikerii

Re: 2017 NJ Chapter Banquet

Post by edbikerii »

Hello all! I am new here. My wife signed me up for a bmwcca membership because I love BMWs. We signed up to attend the banquet, but would like to make some acquaintance beforehand

So, howdy!

dbcafy

Post by dbcafy »

Welcome to the club. My wife and I will be attending the banquet as well. What's your name and what do you drive?

David
2011 M3 sedan, ZCP, DCT, Dinan Exhaust, aFe Intake
2003 540i, M-Sports Pkg (retired)

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

Do folks dress formally for this gig, or is it mostly jeans and polo shirt event?

a

LilVic20

Post by LilVic20 »

Welcome to the club, edbikerii ! :D I look forward to meeting you at the Banquet.

LilVic20

Post by LilVic20 »

Hi, all. From what I've seen over the years, attire for men tends to be from a sport coat + nice shirt all the way to a suit & tie.

Please note there isn't a dress code that will be enforced when you check-in at the banquet, so if you're stylish and comfortable for the night then I think we should be set.

Hope this helps!

LilVic20

Post by LilVic20 »

BTW, I received this email today and thought I'd share it with all of you... this is for the band that will be playing at our Banquet.

I will be at the Madison Hotel on this Saturday (18-Feb) to support the band. Feel free to join me and check out their great performance!

Saturday: February 18th, 2017

Blue Soul
performing classic Blues, R&B, Rock, Funk and Soul
The 5-piece band plays from 9:00pm until 12 Midnight. Solo piano from 8-9 pm.

@ ROD’s Steak & Seafood Grille Lounge (at the Madison Hotel)
1 Convent Road (corner of Madison Ave/Rte. 124) Morristown, NJ 07960
Phone: 973-539-6666
http://www.rodssteak.com/
No Cover Charge!

edbikerii

Post by edbikerii »

Hi David,

My name is Edward Crane, and my BMWs are:

2002 E39 530i
2004 R1150R

My wife, Luciana, and I had an excellent time at the banquet last time, too! It was so nice to receive such a warm welcome to the club!

dbcafy wrote:Welcome to the club. My wife and I will be attending the banquet as well. What's your name and what do you drive?

David