Whack Your Turkey Rally Sunday Nov. 22

Post topics about banquets, picnics, and other social events here.
NeilE30

Whack Your Turkey Rally Sunday Nov. 22

Post by NeilE30 »

The annual NJBMW CCA Whack Your Turkey Rally will be on Sunday, November 22. This year the starting point will be at the Walmart Plaza off County Road 513 and I 78 in Clinton NJ, 08809 with an undisclosed finishing point where lunch and beverages will be available. Registration will open at 8:30 am with a driver's meeting at 9:00, 1st car off shortly thereafter.

So what do you need to attend the rally? To start off with, a car or SAV, most of a tank of gas, a clip board, some pens or pencils, and the attitude to want to have some fun. You will be given a set of driving directions so you shouldn't get lost along with questions to answer along the way. A basic knowledge of the Club, cars, racing, music, TV shows classic and current, some historical and hysterical events is helpful but not necessary.

There will be 2 classes of competition: Driver/Navigator-2 people in car, and Family/Fun for cars with more than 2 people. As always, children are welcome to attend however they will need a minor waiver form signed by a parent or guardian. The form can be downloaded in advance from the NJ BMW chapter website in the Forms subsection. There will also be forms onsite.

Only cars in the Driver/Navigator class are eligible for Championship points. Those wishing to attend can register to neilgambony@njbmwcca.org with WYT in the subject line. Although pre-registering is not required, it will certainly help me in having the finish point staffed for our needs. Please include your name as well as the other participants on your team along with an e-mail address should I need to contact you with last minute information. The cost for the Rally is $25.00 dollars per vehicle. I will accept payment at registration of either cash or check payable to the NJBMW CCA. Exact change would be helpful.

There is a Dunkin Donuts at the Walmart for your morning coffee and donut requirements along with everything else the store sells should you need any last minute Rally supplies.

Thanks,

Neil Gambony, Rallymeister

currencydog

Re: Whack Your Turkey Rally Sunday Nov. 22

Post by currencydog »

Can we post this on the calendar? It may be missed if it is only on this blog.
Last edited by currencydog on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

I've sent the information to the webmaster to add to the schedule. Should be anytime now, hopefully soon.

Thanks,

Neil
Last edited by NeilE30 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

The Whack Your Turkey Rally is just 2 weeks away!

Neil

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

OMG, the Whack Your Turkey Rally is only one week away!

Neil

jont

Post by jont »

As it turns out, my +1 can't make it. Is anyone looking for a navigator or driver? If so, drop me a message.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

andypot1985

Post by andypot1985 »

I'm going to bump up this post! This is one of the best social events of the year.

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

Sandy and I will be there and with the e21 this year. It's been a while since we ran that on the rally. No Mercedes this time.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

Thanks to those who preservered on the Whack Your Turkey Rally today despite my directional error. I will try get the results posted in a few days.
Someone had left a pair of sunglasses on the table at the Brew Pub and I would like to get them back to their rightful owner. Whoever they belong to, please email me at neilgambony@njbmcca.org to claim them.

I would like to congratulate Jon Trudel who took a year off from Rallymastering the Rally to win the Rally along with Doug Humphrey.

Thanks again to you all, please have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Neil
Last edited by NeilE30 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jont

Post by jont »

NeilE30 wrote:I would like to congratulate Jon Trudel who took a year off from Rallymastering the Rally to win the Rally along with Doug Humphrey.
Neil,

You deserve a lot of credit. You created a fun rally with little notice. It was fun being a participant for once!
-Jon Trudel, #163357

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

Jon,

Thanks, now you know what journals are!

Neil

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

Thank you Neil for being the Rallymaster. It was a very fun event and we loved the roads you had us on. Sandy and I really appreciate you waiting for us in the Walmart lot since we were running very late today. Congrats to all the winners.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

NeilE30

Post by NeilE30 »

The mystery has been solved and the sunglasses have been returned to their rightful owner.

Thanks again everyone,

Neil