Turkey Rally?

Post topics about banquets, picnics, and other social events here.
SmokeyDP

Turkey Rally?

Post by SmokeyDP »

I can't seem to find any information regarding this years Turkey Rally....
2001 Phoenix Yellow M3:
Schrick cams-Custom Tune-Supersprint full exhaust - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - CSL front bumper

m20power

Post by m20power »

Scott, look at our schedule, or click this http://www.njbmwcca.org/services/schedu ... ent_id=242

Bob
'11 335i Convertible - Street
'02 325Ci - Street
'97 M3 Coupe - Street
'17 340i - Wife's ride
No automatics!

SmokeyDP

Post by SmokeyDP »

Thanks!

Is there anything we should really bring? I have never really been to one of these before. I couldn't make the last 3 for various reasons due to the timing of the event...
2001 Phoenix Yellow M3:
Schrick cams-Custom Tune-Supersprint full exhaust - Brembo 14" BBK brake kit - TC Kline Double Adjustable coilovers - Vorshlag caster/camber plates - CSL front bumper

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

There really isn't too much you have to bring. A clipboard and pencils are all that are really required. We bring binoculars in case we have to read small signs.

Depending on who your navigator is, the phone number of a good divorce lawyer might also come in handy. Just ask my wife.

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

larryengel328 wrote:Depending on who your navigator is, the phone number of a good divorce lawyer might also come in handy. Just ask my wife.
Staples has do it yourself divorce kits for around $50!

HOLY CARP!!! :shock: - I just looked where the start of the Rally is from us. That's 87 miles and an hour and a half just to get to the start! Who's idea was to start this thing at 9:30 for drivers meeting?

ARGH... just give me directions to the restaurant. If we leave the house at 11 we'll get there by the time people arrive from the rally. :lol:
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

320iJT wrote:
larryengel328 wrote:Depending on who your navigator is, the phone number of a good divorce lawyer might also come in handy. Just ask my wife.
Staples has do it yourself divorce kits for around $50!

HOLY CARP!!! :shock: - I just looked where the start of the Rally is from us. That's 87 miles and an hour and a half just to get to the start! Who's idea was to start this thing at 9:30 for drivers meeting?

ARGH... just give me directions to the restaurant. If we leave the house at 11 we'll get there by the time people arrive from the rally. :lol:
JT, last time Christine and I were in that boat... but fortunately the M allowed me to enter a time warp zone on the turnpike and, I don't know how (REALLY don't know how!), we made it in about an hour or so! Go figure... :wink:

At least, I hope this time we will make it to the Restaurant before you and also before everybody has already finished their dessert!!
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

balticvid

Post by balticvid »

With Neli as my navagator, I always have

boxing gloves and a first aid kit on hand.
Regards, Walt.

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make it as my (pregnant) navigator does not feel well enough to do this today. Oh well, I will still stop by at the starting point to say hi to everybody and grab a coffee next door. Have fun guys!
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW

jont

Post by jont »

I do want to thank Ross and his wife Karen for putting together a challenging (and frustrating) rally today! It was fun, even with the unlabelled Left at T turns.

Come on, everyone, admit it. Which of you actually made the correct left turn after the Batter #1 clue? I'm pretty sure we all turned right, there.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

SmokeyDP

Post by SmokeyDP »

We made a right turn too...lol
2001 Phoenix Yellow M3:

CT88

Post by CT88 »

jont wrote:I do want to thank Ross and his wife Karen for putting together a challenging (and frustrating) rally today! It was fun, even with the unlabelled Left at T turns.

Come on, everyone, admit it. Which of you actually made the correct left turn after the Batter #1 clue? I'm pretty sure we all turned right, there.
We actually made the correct turn there surprisingly, but we we took many, many other wrong turns :o
2001 M5
2015 X3
'96 Cosmos M3 over Modena - sold :(

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

We must never speak of these horrors again. We have fallen... fallen very hard from our Spring Rally throne.

I shall get my revenge.... I have the power of the newsletter!

THEY WILL ALL BOW BEFORE ME AND BEG FOR MY FORGIVENESS! :twisted:
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

Hell hath no fury like an E21 owner scorned.

Speaking of E21 owners, thanks to Ross and Karen for creating a rally with a few new twists. It was a blast! This one required more careful attention to mileage, turns, and staying on the correct road than any rally I've ever done. Both the driver and navigator really had to pay attention to pull it off.

We made the right after the ballplayer, too. It took us about 10 minutes and the passing of two or three cops to figure out that we made a mistake. We saw about 10 other participants during our off-course excursion. We went back to the ballplayer and started over. Karin realized it was a T and we tried the left turn. It took only about 20 seconds to starting finding answers again, so we know we were back on track. We had great fun figuring it out.

BrianSMorgan

Post by BrianSMorgan »

Francine and I made the left after the ballplayer, but it did not help, as we finished tenth. At least we were ahead of the person (sorry I don't recall his name) who ran the event without a navigator!
This was a challenging rally indeed. Thanks to Ross and Karen for a great event!
Brian

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

Yes, I am the one who had to run solo! I do not even know how i finished this one since I was not really able to pay close attention to the miles but i figured that as long as I would seeother cars and find clues, I should be on good tracks!

By the way, I also made the right after the ballplayer... to see the Engels drive the other direction a few minutes after. At that point I had to travel a few more miles to be able to make a U-Turn... but then the M power kicked in and soon I was doing triple digits to catch-up (no cops there, thank goodness).

anyhow, this was another great Club event and all my thanks to the Karlins for organizing and to all the sponsors for the prizes (just sent my thank you note to Joe Divita at Tenafly BMW)! Can't wait to do the Spring rally again... this time in the Family category.

Happy thanksgiving to all of you.
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW