Oktoberfest event - general query

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
BimmerRules

Oktoberfest event - general query

Post by BimmerRules »

Hi everyone!

Sorry if 'Club Meetings' is not correct forum, but I couldn't find anything on Oktoberfest and hence my reach out in this forums.

Greatly excited to be coming to my first Oktoberfest! :)

Since our NJ CCA is involved, I signed up for a volunteer even though my technical knowledge is zero! Hopefully they find some use of my services. :)

Two general queries:

1. Any must-attend events that you would highly recommend based on your experience?

2. Since I have no idea how I might be used as a volunteer, I am not sure if I should register and pay for activities right now (in case they clash with the volunteering duty later on). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by BimmerRules on Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrMCoupe

Re: Oktoberfest event - general query

Post by MrMCoupe »

It will be my first time as well.

I would sign up for any driving events quickly as they will fill up. If you get the social package; it will cover most of the non-driving.

How/where would you like to volunteer? Every group will need help. Hospitality will need a lot of people for sure.

stix217

Post by stix217 »

I'm in a similar situation as I signed up to volunteer, but I have limited technical knowledge, but what I do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that I have acquired over a very long career (sorry- I thought I was Liam Neeson for a second) ...basically I just hope I can lend a hand somewhere. I thought I would have received some sort of response from the CCA after I registered as a volunteer, but I haven't heard anything back yet...maybe its too early? Also, do you know if I can register a guess to volunteer too?

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

stix217 wrote:I'm in a similar situation as I signed up to volunteer, but I have limited technical knowledge, but what I do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills that I have acquired over a very long career (sorry- I thought I was Liam Neeson for a second) ...basically I just hope I can lend a hand somewhere. I thought I would have received some sort of response from the CCA after I registered as a volunteer, but I haven't heard anything back yet...maybe its too early? Also, do you know if I can register a guess to volunteer too?
Be careful with the volunteer status - they may bounce you from attending registered events.
If you want to partake in any formally scheduled events, even free ones, you will need to register as a participant.

a

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

MrMCoupe wrote:It will be my first time as well.

I would sign up for any driving events quickly as they will fill up. If you get the social package; it will cover most of the non-driving.

How/where would you like to volunteer? Every group will need help. Hospitality will need a lot of people for sure.

Thank you for that helpful feedback.

Since our club is hosting, i was prepared to chip in any manner. And given my lack of technical skills, I presume I might be tapped to fill in any support role.

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

Thanks for asking about volunteer needs at O'Fest!

Yes, we need volunteers! There are two ways to let us know you can help. When you register, you'll be asked if you want to volunteer - National will keep that list. You can also email me at ofestchair@njbmwcca.org and I'll put you on our Chapter list. At some point we'll merge the lists and assign jobs based on talents and schedules. We hope to have enough volunteers so they won't feel like they're missing any part of the experience!

By the way, I can tell you that many of the jobs won't require technical knowledge - just a desire to help!
CURRENT FLEET
2017 X5 35d
2000 328i (my first and still probably favorite)
2019 230 X-drive
2006 M3
2022 M3
Gone but not forgotten- 2008 E90 M3, 1991 325iX, 1989 325i, 2015 M235i Cabrio, 2019 Miata RF