Missing Ipod from BMWNA Meeting

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
kevnj

Post by kevnj »

This is quite sad. Ironically a fellow club member and I were discussing how nice it is to go to an event like Lime Rock and leave your torque wrenches and other valuables out in the open. We later discussed that other events held by other clubs did not have the honor, respect and camaraderie that BMW events have. Sadly this kind of behavior makes me have to think twice. It really is a disgrace and unfortunately reflects poorly on the club.

Hopefully someone will do the right thing and it will turn up.

Grinch337

Post by Grinch337 »

I too am disgusted by this, and would gladly chip in a few bucks to replace it. To think that someone would take advantage of anyone, let alone our host saddens me greatly. Hopefully they check this site and mail in the Ipod. Sadly, I dont think that it going to happen.

TimCircleBMW

I was outside

Post by TimCircleBMW »

I did not go into the meeting and spent most of the time out in the parking lot as well as hanging outside around the cars. This was about the time that they ended the tours of the training facility and gathered everyone together. There were a couple of younger guys playing around with the cars. These are the same guys that started the 335i and were revving it (also disrespectful).. Mike K and I were sitting in Larry's car around this time and there was no IPOD in there (at least that I saw). I actually called BMW assist to make a test call from that car to show Mike how assist works, etc.. I am so embarrassed that this happened. I think there were so many people there that it would be very difficult to find the culprit. I would bet anything that it was a non member. I trust my life (in driver's schools) and my personal belongings to anyone in the club, which is why I think these events should be CCA members ONLY. So many people that aren't members of the club take part in so many of our events. OK.. I am done ranting.
Tim M

1995 BMW M5 Euro Daytona Violet
1985 Subaru BRAT GL
1992 Mercedes 300D
1998 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
2021 Toyota Tundra 1794 TRD Offroad

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

I'd prefer that anyone who thinks they saw something send me an email at larryengel@njbmwcca instead of posting it on the public board. There are several reasons why we'd rather keep peoples' suspicions private.

staianoa

Great club and great people...

Post by staianoa »

I'm as outraged as everyone else that someone would stoop so low as to steal something at a club event. I certainly hope whoever did this learns the value of honesty and integrity somewhere down the road.

That said... I don't think that this isolated event is in any way indicative of the type of people who are members of the NJ BMW CCA. In the short time I've been a member, I've met some of the most outstanding people I know. As the saying goes... "You come for the cars, but you stay because of the people."

Thanks much to everyone (too many to name!) who represents the club (and themselves) in a friendly, caring, professional, and respectful manner!

edw1

Post by edw1 »

Larry will forward the names of all suspects to me. I get to make them wish they were in a secret CIA prison being tortured.

I look forward to using my 24" breaker bar on something other than lugs installed by Sears and Costco and promise to work out all my suppressed autocross corner worker frustrations.
ImageImage

vazqued2

Post by vazqued2 »

edw1 wrote:Larry will forward the names of all suspects to me. I get to make them wish they were in a secret CIA prison being tortured.

I look forward to using my 24" breaker bar on something other than lugs installed by Sears and Costco and promise to work out all my suppressed autocross corner worker frustrations.
This is scary. Sounds like it was a nice night, and I regret that I missed the event. The theft was in fact embarrassing, and maybe we should consider limiting it to CCA members + spouse, or something like that.
2010 Subaru WRX
1983 320i

balticvid

Post by balticvid »

I think we should give Larry Koch an upgrade
to his Ipod with our sincere apologies.
I'll chip in.

Maybe we should limit the guest list to members
and family as was suggested.
Regards, Walt.

pnosker

Post by pnosker »

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB533 ... MjE0NjE3Ng

That's the best iPod available and the refurbished one looks and acts brand new-- it's not a bad deal either. Who wants to start this thing up?

Alternatively, http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB562 ... MjE0NjE3Mw is also a good deal.

If someone wants to start something up, I'll be happy to send a few bucks that way.

A good site to start raising money is www.chipin.com

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

Thanks guys, but the club is taking care of replacing Larry's Ipod. I'm just waiting a few more days with the hope that the original is returned.