Club meeting Wednesday - Ross' and Dave's Targa Adventure

This is the place to talk about issues related to our club meetings.
larryengel328

Club meeting Wednesday - Ross' and Dave's Targa Adventure

Post by larryengel328 »

Just a reminder that this Wednesday evening Dave McIntyre and Ross Karlin will talk about last year's Targa Newfoundland. Their race car is featured on the cover of this month's Roundel. Ace pit boss Warren Brown will tell us what you can do with a C clamp and a few tie wraps, and our own Brian Morgan will do his duty as a member of the independent press and tell us what really happened.

Come on out and join us! Details and directions are available elsewhere on the website.

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

I am very disappointed I was unable to make this meeting. I was really looking forward to hearing about the Targa and all the stories about the race. Unfortunately, we had a situation that had to be tended to.

Why did I not make it? Here is the story in a nut shell:

Sandy dropped her Acura at the dealer in Ocean Twp for service. The "lot attendant" was driving the car for what they said he was "running scans" and her car was involved in an accident. A woman hit the car from the rear then took off. The car was in drivable condition but the rear bumper and other parts sustained enough damage for about a $2800 repair. The police did find the hit and run driver.

We received a phone call from the service advisor to inform us of the accident. At this point we inquired why the "lot attendant" was driving the car and not a certified mechanic. Isn't this the reason why we pay the astronomical labor rates so we get an Acura Certified and ASE Certified tech to fix the car? We are still not satisfied with their poor explanation. We were also told the Service Manager will call us in the morning. He never called. Weeks later, he never called.

Skip ahead about a month, we never got an apology from ANYONE at the dealership, the service manager NEVER called us once and as of yesterday we were threatened by the General Manager that they need their loaner back or they will call the police. The car was back from the body shop at the beginning of the week but since we were still trying to get some resolution to the whole event, we didn't want to pick the car up until we got legal advice. A total of two extra days.

Tonight was the night we had to go and see the GM, pick the car up, return the loaner (a 09 TL) and also sign over the checks from the hit and runs insurance company to Acura to pay the body shop.

To top it all off, when we got into the car to drive home, the Service Engine light was on. It wasn't like that when we dropped the car off. The GM took the keys back, and returned the loaner car so they can see what the issue was.

There is a lot more to the story but it would take pages to explain everything. And, I missing the meeting I was really looking forward to going too. :x

ARGH. I think its time to look for (dare I say) an e46 Convertible for Sandy.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

staianoa

Thanks much!!

Post by staianoa »

The meeting tonight was fantastic! The presentation by Dave, Ross, Warren, and Brian was outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the dizzying in car videos and interesting stories of 1000's of miles driving to and from Targa. As usual, the food and drink at the DCC made for a great evening all around! Thanks so much for all those involved in the presentation for those who made it possible!

DougDish

Post by DougDish »

Thank You! Thank you Dave, Ross, Warren, Brian and the wives who endure their husbands' passion for racing. I agree with Andrew, the presentation was fantastic!

The most amazing thing about hearing their stories and watching the in-car video and viewing the photos is that this was their fourth year racing in this event. In our lifetime's most of us will never even make it up to Newfoundland for a vacation let alone race there four times.

Reading about their race in Roundel doesn't come close to hearing their stories in person and watching their videos. Hearing the team speak I know have a deeper appreciation for each of their skills and what they have accomplished for the fourth time.

Excellent choice for our monthly meeting. Larry is off to a good start as our new chapter president.

Doug

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

For the record - I had nothing to do with setting up this meeting. I only provided the M&Ms. It was great - thanks to Ross, Dave, Warren and Brian.

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

Sure, not only did I miss a good meeting but I missed M&M's too. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................. :evil:
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

jont

Post by jont »

320iJT wrote:Sure, not only did I miss a good meeting but I missed M&M's too.
Well....just the brown ones!
-Jon Trudel, #163357

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

I must say I was highly inspired by Ross and Dave's adventure!! that was a great night out,really enjoyed the videos..thanks again!
Ray
2011 X5d
2018 Shelby GT350