New AutoX Points classifications

Have something to say about autocross? This is the place.
BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

New AutoX Points classifications

Post by BJerolimic »

Has there been any update on the rule changes? I am eagerly waiting to see what changes are in store as I had spent several hundred dollars in modifications that would keep me in C class, whereas if I get bumped into D class I would've spent the money in a much different way... needless to say I am not to happy that the classification changes may bump me up into D and possible wasted money, and therefore anxious to find out what the changes will be...

dngo

Post by dngo »

Brent, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Right now we're mainly looking at older cars.

Besides, you should really come play in F class... ;)

Dave

mmarvuglio

Post by mmarvuglio »

dngo wrote:Brent, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Right now we're mainly looking at older cars.

Dave
:twisted:

dngo

Post by dngo »

mmarvuglio wrote:
dngo wrote:Brent, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Right now we're mainly looking at older cars.

Dave
Does this mean you're joining us in F??

I'm torn between Hoosiers and Victoracers.

mmarvuglio

Post by mmarvuglio »

dngo wrote:
mmarvuglio wrote:

Dave
Does this mean you're joining us in F??

I'm torn between Hoosiers and Victoracers.
even with rcomps and sways I'm still in D!!!!!!!! I might have to voluntarily move up to E!

badbadm

Post by badbadm »

mmarvuglio wrote: I might have to voluntarily move up to E!
Why?

mmarvuglio

Post by mmarvuglio »

badbadm wrote: Why?
Why not?

I figure I move up, Dave moves down, couple of D classer's are getting bumped (due to silly points). You're welcome to come. I figure we could make a real mess of it E. Besides, I'm forced to compete with the e30/e36 M3's in NY would should I have it so easy in NJ?

:wink:

oh and I wont have to deal with the place robbing Mini's

dngo

Post by dngo »

I don't even know how many things I'd have to take off to make it back down to E. I stopped keeping track of points a long time ago.

Dave

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Post by BJerolimic »

Dave

Thats what I'm talkin about...

but if you adjust points for modications and not base model points I could be screwed... once I slap on the sways I'm at .3 below D class!

can't wait until 3/20!!!

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

The autocross silly season is in full force. It sounds like some of the speed parts budgets are approaching IRL or NASCAR proportions.

I'm staying stock for now - except maybe for a set of Falkens. But look out when my kids get out of college - I'll put so much go fast stuff in my E46 that I'll be competing with Dave in "G" class!!!!

7 years and counting - I'll almost be ready for QQ plates, too.

Larry

redmist1

Car built to rules

Post by redmist1 »

Sorry to say I totaled (or should I say HAD totalled) my m30 e21. I bought a rolling chassis to swap over the "go fast" parts and motor but if changes are in the works I would like to know what they are before rebuilding.
Any idea as to when they will be released?
Thanks
Pete

alken

Post by alken »

I've modified my 323 to D class, unfortunately.

Brent, if you don't have breakfast the morning of the autocross, your in D class.

badbadm

Re: Car built to rules

Post by badbadm »

redmist1 wrote:Sorry to say I totaled (or should I say HAD totalled) my m30 e21. I bought a rolling chassis to swap over the "go fast" parts and motor but if changes are in the works I would like to know what they are before rebuilding.
Any idea as to when they will be released?
Thanks
Pete
Ditto. I am dying to get some classification updates.

drautox

Post by drautox »

The autocross committee will probably meet in the next couple of weeks to discuss rules change proposals. The general idea is to keep older models and highly modified cars competitive. One proposal is not to make changes at all. The system, as it is, could not be made more fair for someone without becoming less fair for someone else.

Elihu