Active Autowerke E46 330i Supercharger Stage 2 Rotrex C30

Engine, Transmission, Final Drive, and anything in between belongs here.
xphiledan

Active Autowerke E46 330i Supercharger Stage 2 Rotrex C30

Post by xphiledan »

This is an Active Autowerke designed setup that utilizes a Rotrex C30 supercharger with the optional Stage 2 intercooler. I wasn't able to find a link on the Active Autowerke site because the C30 kit for the 330i has been superceded by the C38 trim, but here's a link for the 323i / 325i application. Estimated power for that application is over 330 BHP / 255 ft/lb, so I would assume more for the 330i. The local shop I was working with indicated that more gains can be realized with larger injectors and a custom tune. I believe this can also be installed in other E46 applications (325i), but you should verify with AA first.

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...lower-p86.aspx

The supercharger was pulled off of my 2001 330i with approximately 50k miles. Original owner installed this kit in 2006 with 42k on the car. I purchased the car in 2012 with 95k miles. The supercharger ran beautifully when I bought the car, smooth power / no CEL. As soon as the summer hit, the kit ran rich. I had shops go through the entire setup - all of the electronics were tested & replaced (head unit, black box, sensors). I eventually gave up and had a local mechanic return the car back to stock - that's when I realized it was from a vacuum leak - one of the plumbing lines had a small corrosion hole (I assume from salt). I wound up giving the car to my sister, so I'm selling off the kit to make up for all of the money spent in diagnosing the issue.

I had the whole kit removed and put in a box. There may some small odds & ends that didn't make it (screws / hose clamps), but all the major components are here. It just needs a new home to go to. This is a plug & play kit with re-existing usage of OEM components with no need for major fabrication / modification. Installation instructions are included. The only thing you need to do is patch the hole & obtain a tune (which can be requested from Active Autowerke or you can do a custom mapping from a local tuner.) I would also recommend changing the oil & belt (can be obtained from AA).

What's Included
- Rotrex C30 trim supercharger
- CNC machined supercharger bracket with hardware
- Front-mounted air-to-air intercooler
- Self-contained oil system with front-mount oil cooler
- 6 higher flowing fuel Injectors
- Active Autowerke/Bosch bypass valve
- High temperature silicone hoses with stainless clamps
- All mandrel bent tubing for improved flow
- Active Autowerke High Performance Air Filter
- Mounting hardware, plumbing, hoses and clamps
- Illustrated instruction manual & installation guide

What's Not Included
- Tune / Software

MSRP is $5,195. I see used kits go for $2,700 on the forums.

Asking $2,500, OBO. Local pickup preferred in NJ / NYC area. Shipping is available. Interested in trades for 16" 5x120 wheels or E30 parts.