Aging R-comp tires

Use this forum to talk about club racing.
JERSEYJIM

Aging R-comp tires

Post by JERSEYJIM »

I have a great deal on some new heat cycled only tires. My question is if the tires are stored in an indoor climate controled area how much better would a tire that is purcased at the begining of the season next year be over these tires that will be a over a year old?

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

These tires you just recieved ,how old are they now? if they are relatively new .if you keep them wrapped in plastics in a dry/climate controlled area .i think you'll be fine for next season. If they already been stored for a season already,that might be a tough call.

here's a quick link about tire aging from the tire rack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/ ... techid=138

Ray

mmarvuglio

Re: Aging R-comp tires

Post by mmarvuglio »

JERSEYJIM wrote:I have a great deal on some new heat cycled only tires. My question is if the tires are stored in an indoor climate controled area how much better would a tire that is purcased at the begining of the season next year be over these tires that will be a over a year old?
This is what I've done for the past 2 years. climate control, low ozone. Can't say they're as good as new, because I've never had new.

bmwm3

Re: Aging R-comp tires

Post by bmwm3 »

In addation, I put on "Formula V Traction treatment" to soften the tries. Brushes on the tire surface one coat per day in the next 3 days before the season start.

mopar71rt

Aging

Post by mopar71rt »

2 cents
A friend bought "new" tires from tire rack which wound up having a date code over two years old. While they did replace them, it was quite a bit of hassle requesting and ensuring a more recent date code, less than a year. The phrase it's not a big deal was tossed about by the sales person.