6/29 Street Survival

Use this forum to discuss our new driver school program only for teens.
rferg61

6/29 Street Survival

Post by rferg61 »

A big thanks to Jamie, Mo, Mike and everyone else who helped out on Sunday! My kids were razing about the program afterwards, my daughter even want to try and learn how to handle a stick shift again! More importantly, they both learned far more about car control than they thought possible. If Travelers graces us with a few dollars discount, all the better.

Rodger

Oh yes, theres a small lump on my head from the hot ride in Dave's M5!

dngo

Re: 6/29 Street Survival

Post by dngo »

rferg61 wrote:A big thanks to Jamie, Mo, Mike and everyone else who helped out on Sunday! My kids were razing about the program afterwards, my daughter even want to try and learn how to handle a stick shift again! More importantly, they both learned far more about car control than they thought possible. If Travelers graces us with a few dollars discount, all the better.

Rodger

Sorry about that! I find PS2s to not be terribly progressive in regaining traction. :)

Dave

mmarv

Post by mmarv »

dngo wrote:
rferg61 wrote:A big thanks to Jamie, Mo, Mike and everyone else who helped out on Sunday! My kids were razing about the program afterwards, my daughter even want to try and learn how to handle a stick shift again! More importantly, they both learned far more about car control than they thought possible. If Travelers graces us with a few dollars discount, all the better.

Rodger

Sorry about that! I find PS2s to not be terribly progressive in regaining traction. :)

Dave
WAIT, you 'regained' traction? My tires that were marginal at the start of the day, ended in desperate need of replacement. If I blinked funny, the rear end was going around. Good for the school, BAD for the street. Fortunately the replacements arrived the next day.

There is a good reason the school is sponsored by The Tire Rack! :)

jont

Post by jont »

I have photos from the event. How do we create a photo gallery for these pictures? I don't see how to do it.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

colin

Post by colin »

Jon,

I will email you instructions.

C.

colin

Post by colin »

Jon's pictures are now available here. :)

jont

Post by jont »

dngo wrote:
rferg61 wrote: Oh yes, theres a small lump on my head from the hot ride in Dave's M5!

Dave
Especially when you leave half of them behind as "smoke"

-Jon Trudel, #163357