Wheel / tire size for DE

abarks

Wheel / tire size for DE

Post by abarks »

What's a good wheel and tire size for drivers' schools?

My father just ordered a Super Cooper primarily to have something fun to drive at drivers' schools. He wants a dedicated set of tires and wheels for the track to preserve the longevity of the run flats. I imagine he'll keep the stock ride height if that affects tire scrub.

I've read in a few Mini forums recommendations for 15x7 with 205/55 and 225/50. Anyone have experience with these combinations?

Allen

mt3ch28

Post by mt3ch28 »

im going to be running Yoko AVS100 or Fuzion ZRI... i would think 225 would be better when it comes to handling because of the contact patch?... more helpful members chime in :D hehe
'88 S52E30 | '05 M3 ZCP | '18 RDX

ultimated

Re: Wheel / tire size for DE

Post by ultimated »

abarks wrote:What's a good wheel and tire size for drivers' schools?

My father just ordered a Super Cooper primarily to have something fun to drive at drivers' schools. He wants a dedicated set of tires and wheels for the track to preserve the longevity of the run flats. I imagine he'll keep the stock ride height if that affects tire scrub.

I've read in a few Mini forums recommendations for 15x7 with 205/55 and 225/50. Anyone have experience with these combinations?

Allen
I think once he has ridden on the run flats that he won't worry about preserving their longevity. Best thing I did for ride, grip, road noise on my 05 Scooper was to get rid of them. He can either get a donut from a Cooper or some spare-tire-in-a-can.