Street/HPDE coilover kit

nj325ci

Street/HPDE coilover kit

Post by nj325ci »

I'd like to replace my stock shocks/struts and springs with a coilover setup on my 3.0 si Coupe. I'm not looking for something too aggressive, I'm only in the intermediate group at this point and I drive the car regularly on the road, but I definitely want to reduce roll and improve handling. I run street tires during HPDEs (Pilot Super Sports). I definitely want externally adjustable. Any suggestions? Looking at Turner they have a bilstein kit and KW variants 1,2 and 3.

Thanks, Bill

danielim

Re: Street/HPDE coilover kit

Post by danielim »

Ground-Control makes a great kit at a reasonable price. KW's are ok too but I find their spring rates to be a little too soft.

3liter1

Re: Street/HPDE coilover kit

Post by 3liter1 »

I was where you are now several years ago, and my advice is to be careful listening to others advice. Hard and soft are relative terms . After a lot of research I ended up with the Koni/TC Kline Setup with ground control camber plates. Was great at the track, but unliveable for me as a daily driver. I had KWs on a 2001 Audi A4- and that was way too firm as well around NY/NJ roads . If you can find some friendly people with setups you can test, that would be ideal. I always dreamed of a local club event where we could try each others setups, but figured the trust factor might not be there to let anyone check out their cars.