Triangle reflector

kjwhitehead

Triangle reflector

Post by kjwhitehead »

I am looking to replace my missing triangle reflector from the trunk toolkit tray. The dealer dosn't stock the original that was made in Germany and supplied with the vehicle and fits in the tool tray in the trunk. They have an alternate that meets DOT specs but is larger than the original and does not fit in the tool tray.

Anyone know where I may find the original edition of the triangle reflector?
Regards,
Kevin

2001 740iL Sport

edw1

Post by edw1 »

Maximillian Importing seems to be able to obtain stuff from Europe not normally available through the dealers. The guys there have kept me supplied with 2002 and E28 parts for years.

Maximillian Importing Co
PO Box 749 Parkton Mill Center
Parkton MD 21120
1-800-950-2002
maxEsales@aol.com
http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/

Or, you could pick up a triangle (and one of those cool spare tire well gas cans) at a local dealer on your next trip to Europe. I will this summer. ;)
ImageImage

ladislav

you don't have to go to Europe

Post by ladislav »

I've bought several in Canada.

ladislav

have to add

Post by ladislav »

One of my e31 buddies in Canada should be able to help you out by mail.

Email me for details if interested.

jont

Re: Triangle reflector

Post by jont »

kjwhitehead wrote:I am looking to replace my missing triangle reflector from the trunk toolkit tray. The dealer dosn't stock the original that was made in Germany and supplied with the vehicle and fits in the tool tray in the trunk. They have an alternate that meets DOT specs but is larger than the original and does not fit in the tool tray.

Anyone know where I may find the original edition of the triangle reflector?
I don't know the dimensions of the 7 series triangle package, but Leatherz.com sells the warning triangles for the Z3 and Z4 cars. You might want to contact them directly and ask.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

ladislav

those look very similar to what i have...

Post by ladislav »

except that they seem to have some tape(?) in addition to the plastic reflectors. the metal legs look a bit too straight as well.

and... since they list different parts for the m coupe and the e46, I'd hazard a guess that they are not the same that might fit the 7.

kevin, if you want, we can meet and you can see if the one I have/can get via Canada fits your e38. unless we can just compare the p/n.