DVD Navigation Disc

jlnmd

DVD Navigation Disc

Post by jlnmd »

Navigation on 2001 740iL (E38). I want to update with new discs, but I cannot eject the old disc. Nothing happens when I push the eject button. Is there a trick to this process? Thanks.

kjwhitehead

Additional info on the subject

Post by kjwhitehead »

I'd also like to update the data on my NAV and am still using the original 2001 CD. Any comments on where can I get an update online, how much it would cost and if there are any software updates that could be applied to the unit? would I need to go back to the dealer for this?

ThumpersGP

Re: Additional info on the subject

Post by ThumpersGP »

kjwhitehead wrote:I'd also like to update the data on my NAV and am still using the original 2001 CD. Any comments on where can I get an update online, how much it would cost and if there are any software updates that could be applied to the unit? would I need to go back to the dealer for this?
Your dealer can get both CD-rom 8 cd sets for you.There's a BMW part numbers for such set 65 90 0 426 556(assuming it is still a CD-rom based unit) , Think it is $200 minus club discounts.

Ray

ThumpersGP

Re: DVD Navigation Disc

Post by ThumpersGP »

jlnmd wrote:Navigation on 2001 740iL (E38). I want to update with new discs, but I cannot eject the old disc. Nothing happens when I push the eject button. Is there a trick to this process? Thanks.
Sorry you got no replies,did you get it out yet? if not,I have successfully unplugged the unit for approx 5 minutes,then when reconnecting it,rapidly press the eject button for about 10-20 seconds.sounds silly,but was told by BMW to do this in the past.it actually works most of the time.

Ray

jlnmd

Post by jlnmd »

Thanks for the info on the Navigation. My system came installed standard. How do you "unplug" it.

As for updates, Navteq has a set of DVDs for the BMW system. May be cheaper than the dealer. Go navteq.com.

Thanks again.

ThumpersGP

Post by ThumpersGP »

jlnmd wrote:Thanks for the info on the Navigation. My system came installed standard. How do you "unplug" it.

As for updates, Navteq has a set of DVDs for the BMW system. May be cheaper than the dealer. Go navteq.com.

Thanks again.
You can pull the unit itself out with the help of (Ford radio removal tool),Ken from Bimmertools might be able to help.

Navteq sells the CD set for the retail price the dealer sells it for,navteq does not give club discounts.the dealer is going to be cheaper depending on your dealer of choice .and of course no shipping charges!

hope this helps
Ray