Independent certified service mechanic needed in Edison, NJ

Independent certified service mechanic needed in Edison, NJ

Post by 340972 »

HI, Own a 2000 740i E38. Am looking for an independent certified service center/provider for BMW cars. Pls help.

Thanks
Rajesh M
917-804-6525 - cell

dhirschhorn

Post by dhirschhorn »

What area do you live in?

How far are you willing to go for a good shop?

RE: Independent certified service mechanic needed in Edison,

Post by 340972 »

Hi,

I live in Edison, NJ and am looking for a facility within a 5-10 mile radius.

Thx
Rajesh M

cong13

Post by cong13 »

Try Motor Sport Recycling in Rahway

Bill is a member here

http://www.motorsportrecycling.com/

dhirschhorn

Post by dhirschhorn »

Another Great shop is German Car Shop on rt. 27 right where 287 passes over.

They've been working on BMW's and Mercedes for years and do excellent work.

badbadm

Re: Independent certified service mechanic needed in Edison,

Post by badbadm »

340972 wrote:HI, Own a 2000 740i E38. Am looking for an independent certified service center/provider for BMW cars. Pls help.
What kind of certification?

samshukla

please tell us your experience

Post by samshukla »

Please let us know your experience and reccomendation

Catanzaro

German Car Shop in Edison

Post by Catanzaro »

Anybody have any experiences with this shop, I have heard some real good stories and some horror stories?

kishg

Post by kishg »

i believe msr is closed?

jlnmd

Post by jlnmd »

High Velocity Auto, 521 Cozzens Lane, North Brunswick. Call 732-821-4686 and ask for Ray or Marc. They've worked on my E32 and E38 (engine, brakes, cooling system, steering). Only reason I still have my 1994 740iL is this place.

turbodiesel

Post by turbodiesel »

A1 German in Middlesex (732) 968-0037.. friend of mine that does perfect work at very reasonable prices!!

Catanzaro

Mechanic

Post by Catanzaro »

Be careful of the German Car Shop on 27 near Costco. I have heard and read many complaints about them. All cash & no credit. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL. If you use them, sit there and watch them work on your car. It is not worth the risk so save a few dollars from a good BMW Dealership. Try Circle BMW in Long Branch/Eatontown (Timothy Meritizs).

dhirschhorn

Post by dhirschhorn »

Catanzaro,

I'd like to know what problems you've had with German Car Shop on 27. I've lived in their area for about 5 years now and have made many trips to their shop. Many of their current customers have been customers for 10+ years and if that's not proof that they know what they're doing and that they take care of their customers I don't know what it.

David

Catanzaro

German Car Shop

Post by Catanzaro »

As I mentioned in my post, I have heard about them from reading the post on this website or possibly another website. That is all. As with any mechanic shops, independant or Dealer, you have to watch to make sure that you are not being sold a bill of goods. There was a post about 6 months ago. It may have been from the Roadfly website, but it was definitely more than one person. If I remember correctly it was about 8 out of 12 posts. My car is under warranty and do not need an idenpendant yet (thank god). I neither have had any experience about them, just mentioning what I read on the website and these forums.

RAYADAM

Re: Mechanic

Post by RAYADAM »

Catanzaro wrote:If you use them, sit there and watch them work on your car.
Believe me , I want to say this in the nicest way possible: On behalf of all technicians/mechanics, this is honestly not a fair statement..I know there are good and bad techs out there,but watching them make every move only makes things more difficult to most technicians...
getting feedbacks and testimonies from individuals from the boards to find trusted shops is a good idea...maybe try to talk to the individual before he(or she) starts a job to get a feel that this person will take care of your car..Let them do there job,after completion,have them go over the work that was done...
If you absolutely want to watch them work,try asking 1st..maybe they'll throw a lawn chair out for you.. I have seen some dealers and shops that have glass windows to look through(very nice setups i've seen) .. and then at most(or should say ALL) have insurance policies that will not allow customers to wander around unless assisted by a service advisor,tech,etc...
Catanzaro,please don't think I targeted you in your statement..I just have seen this in my 20 years experience,just wanted to share my feelings..
now I will go mourn the loss of the Giants and root for Steelers!!
Ray
2011 X5d
2018 Shelby GT350