M3 Convertible - Leather Cleaner, Squeaks and Rubber Seals

nj_brit

M3 Convertible - Leather Cleaner, Squeaks and Rubber Seals

Post by nj_brit »

Looking for some advice to help sort out some minor annoyances.

The car previously lived in Manhattan, and based on the sand I have found, some quality time at the beach.

Leather Cleaner. The owner's manual says that only BMW leather cleaner should be used on the Black Novillo Leather I have. I have tried testing out some Turtle Wax leather cleaner wipes I had lying around and when I tested it I didn't like the result. So, is the BMW stuff worth it, and if not what are the other options?

Seat Squeaks. Both the driver's seat and rear seats have annoying squeaks - perhaps because the leather is dirty. I guess a deep cleanse may resolve this.

Convertible & Window Rubber Seals. As with the seats, these are making annoying squeaks, I suspect due to general dirt and grime. Any suggestions on a good cleaner/lubricant to help sort this out. Again, the owner's manual advises not to use just any product.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Stuart (nj_brit)

> 2013 M3 Convertible (4.0L V8)
> 2011 Land Rover LR4 (5.0L V8)
> 2002 Subaru Forester (Beater/Dog Car... 2.0L Boxer 4)
> 1974 Jensen Healey (2.0L Twin Cam 16V Lotus 907)

RealM3E30

Re: M3 Convertible - Leather Cleaner, Squeaks and Rubber Sea

Post by RealM3E30 »

I love/Use Lexol Cleaner, Orange Container, Conditioner, Brown Container, as for the weather stripping, clean it good first with soap and water then treat it with Armour All or any other rubber type dressing, don't forget to clean the opposing surfaces that the weather stripping contacts, they will also be dirty. 8)
91 E30 M//3 GQ
88 E30 M//3 TR
07 E91 328XIT
12 E70 X5D
16 F31 MSport Wagon
71 2002 Vintage Race Car

MrMCoupe

Re: M3 Convertible - Leather Cleaner, Squeaks and Rubber Sea

Post by MrMCoupe »

I use the BMW leather cleaner/conditioner and I like it. Plus you can't go wrong when the manufacturer recommends it. I also have Lexol and Griots Garage cleaner/conditioners. Both are good alternatives. However I must say Lexol did pull out color on "coated leather" seats in a Ford. I'm not sure if your seats are straight leather or coated. Always test any new product.

Gummi Pflege for the rubber bits.

Mark