Need help coding GM5 (aka Basic Module 5) coding

jont

Need help coding GM5 (aka Basic Module 5) coding

Post by jont »

I had to replace my GM5 module. I need to spend some time with someone who has a device that can change its coding. The original module stopped working properly, so I had a conversation with the guy who repairs them (at http://www.bmwgm5.com), and it was not something he repairs. He recommended replacement, which I did, and I've had this one coded to my car by a shop, but there're are a few things I need to address, and or understand in the configuration.

Can anyone help?
-Jon Trudel, #163357

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Re: Need help coding GM5 (aka Basic Module 5) coding

Post by BJerolimic »

hey Jon did you ever resolve this? maybe try quickly double clicking the lock button on your key which locks it but disables the interior motion sensor, I just re-learned about this function and thought of your issue

good luck!

and gone but not forgotten:
'00 323Ci Steel Grey / Black Dinan & UUC & Schnitzer mods
'89 325iX Diamond Black / Black 4dr 5spd Dinan chip, Ireland exhaust, H&R+Koni
'01 525iTa

jont

Post by jont »

BJerolimic wrote:hey Jon did you ever resolve this? maybe try quickly double clicking the lock button on your key which locks it but disables the interior motion sensor, I just re-learned about this function and thought of your issue

good luck!
No, I did not resolve it, and I did try disabling the motion sensor, like you suggested. After your help, I went back to the shop, and they deactivated the alarm, but it still went off later that evening. I think I could probably try another used module, but it has to be from the same type of car (sedan), and as new, if not newer, so the hardware and firmware are similar or newer.

I probably just need to get a brand new module. Cheapest one from a "reliable" source on ebay is over $500, so for the time being, I will just lock the car via the key.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Post by BJerolimic »

jont wrote:
BJerolimic wrote:hey Jon did you ever resolve this? maybe try quickly double clicking the lock button on your key which locks it but disables the interior motion sensor, I just re-learned about this function and thought of your issue

good luck!
No, I did not resolve it, and I did try disabling the motion sensor, like you suggested. After your help, I went back to the shop, and they deactivated the alarm, but it still went off later that evening. I think I could probably try another used module, but it has to be from the same type of car (sedan), and as new, if not newer, so the hardware and firmware are similar or newer.

I probably just need to get a brand new module. Cheapest one from a "reliable" source on ebay is over $500, so for the time being, I will just lock the car via the key.
darn it... sorry Jon

and gone but not forgotten:
'00 323Ci Steel Grey / Black Dinan & UUC & Schnitzer mods
'89 325iX Diamond Black / Black 4dr 5spd Dinan chip, Ireland exhaust, H&R+Koni
'01 525iTa