Superchargers

colt1210

Superchargers

Post by colt1210 »

Does anyone have any experience with super charging a 318i or know of a shop??

macilona

Post by macilona »

the unit that you will come across for the m42/44 engine in the 318 was made by Downing Atlanta (DASC), but they no longer sell it. you can occasionally find a used one for sale----it is a durable component, but there are a lot of related parts, so you need to make sure you have it all, if you go that route. my suggestion is to check the bimmerforum site www.318ti.org -----you will find a number of threads discussing various aspects of the dasc. the Z3 forum also has some info. there are some that describe the installation of a turbo kit, which seems to be more of a custom set-up. bottom line is that it is a pretty rare unit. you will find more discussion about doing a 6 cyl swap, which is around the same overall cost, but does have other considerations to handle the extra weight. unless you have a special interest in the 318, it my be more economical to trade up to a 6 cyl car instead of doing the upgrade on a 318. I have the dasc on my 318 and love it-----if you do go that route and want to discuss more, send me a message. good luck, mac

colt1210

super charger

Post by colt1210 »

Thanks Mac for response.

The supercharger I was looking at was made by eaton roots and sold by Ko performance.

macilona

Post by macilona »

If you google ko performance i think you will see a lot of irate prospective buyers