Stupid Question: Mixed Non-Sythetic with Sythetic oil

ASA330

Stupid Question: Mixed Non-Sythetic with Sythetic oil

Post by ASA330 »

While doing a routine oil change on my supercharged 330ci, i mixed 4 quarts of Oem Bmw sythetic oil with 3 quarts non sythetic castrol.. ( i did not read the label) =( and i broke my oil extractor, so now i am scared to drive the car till the oil is out... is it drivable to go to a shop and get the oil drained out or should i just wait till my i get my new Oil extractor via ups ??

thanks

mike

m20power

Post by m20power »

Mike,

The BMW Synthetic by Castrol is a blended syn - meaning it has both syn and non-syn components. I wouldn't think there is a problem in driving the car to a shop for an oil change.

Bob

davidfinch1

Mixed syn oil

Post by davidfinch1 »

Several companies sell blended oil SYN/Virgin I use Valvoline's blend in my diesel, it shouldn't be a problem

ASA330

Post by ASA330 »

bob
thanks for your help :)

also anyone know of any good shops locally to get some New headers / Cats installed??? i just want this to complement my supercharger setup
thanks again

mike

M5Phast

Post by M5Phast »

Great new site and forum..

Sorry to burst the oil bubble, but this is a frequent discussion on the M5 site. Even a search of history files provided NO good news

NEVER mix oils of any type...formulas are different and so are the lubricating effects...not even viscosity with in same manufacturer.

Most comparisons are like mixing ketchup and chocolate syrup..

My advice - get it out!

M5phast