just venting Open Road BMW

jont

Post by jont »

speedracer wrote:
I'm a little surprised that you expected a loaner, just because you brought it there.
read carefully !!! :shock:
Peter, I'm not trying to start anything, but I said "I'd be sure to ask about it before I brought the car in for service", as in, when you scheduled it, not when you arrived.

E30325i

Post by E30325i »

I work for a major vehicle manufacture and distributer and Loaner vehicles are a hot topic lately. There are very few dealerships that I know of that give loaners to non buyers...sometimes they work with a hertz or enterprise for their loaner/rental programs.

Our dealers are not mandated to have a loaner program, it is at their descresion.

Often times also in this case, people I come across angry with a loaner policy were asked up front at appointment times if they need alternate transportation. Some say no, and then hem and haw about it later, while we have them on tape declining the alternate transportation.

While I understand everyones frustration in this, I also advocate to the consumer, (even myself as I am too a consumer) to be reasonable and polite, as if your not in most cases you'll get yourself banned from a dealer, and moreover dealerships are more and more becomming united in auto groups, such as UAG which is a multi billion dollar, multi national dealer group which included Difeo BMW, MB of nanuet, and every penske dealer in the west coast to name a few. So you may get yourself banned from a HUGE number of dealers.