Luk Oil Fuel Observations

Razzy23

Luk Oil Fuel Observations

Post by Razzy23 »

I took a road trip to PA this past weekend. I typically fill up with COSTCO fuels for 2 reasons. 1 its less expensive and 2 its TOP TIER (allegedly)

So In the middle of my drive I had to get fuel on the way and I was pretty low so I decided to go with a Luk Oil station. When i got back on the freeway i immediately noticed a higher level of performance and even sound from the engine. The car accelerated faster and became quicker. I didn't have to push hard on the accelerator to get more power. It was just there for me. So then I decided to fill up again and i'm really noticing a difference in performance. The car felt more responsive and less sluggish compared to Costco fuels. On the down side, I'm paying about 50 cents a gallon more for Luk Oil. (ouch) But i do feel it in the performance.

Luk Oil's 93 octane truly feels "93" as opposed to Costco's 93 which feels like 87 comparatively.
IDK, but this is a true and real observation and not some type of placebo effect.

pietern740il

Re: Luk Oil Fuel Observations

Post by pietern740il »

Thanks for sharing that information, I have a road trip scheduled for tomorrow I'll give Luk a try.

Razzy23

Post by Razzy23 »

report back if you wish.

pietern740il

Post by pietern740il »

so I came back from my road trip to Florida last night, I started off with a full tank of BP, with the hopes I would see LUK Oil during my travel. Unfortunately I was not able to find any stations with that name.

What I found and compared was Shell (93) with Sunocco (93). After 2500 miles of driving in four days, Shell (93) provided better performance. I felt the difference immediately, now that I'm back home I have no Shell stations within three mile radius, and their price per gal is an additional .30 to .50 cents.