nj bmw cca

New Jersey BMW CCA

The New Jersey Chapter's Forum - Where Bimmerphiles come to talk.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/njbmwcca/BmwSponsor.php on line 21: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am 

I took a road trip to PA this past weekend. I typically fill up with COSTCO fuels for 2 reasons. 1 its less expensive and 2 its TOP TIER (allegedly)

So In the middle of my drive I had to get fuel on the way and I was pretty low so I decided to go with a Luk Oil station. When i got back on the freeway i immediately noticed a higher level of performance and even sound from the engine. The car accelerated faster and became quicker. I didn't have to push hard on the accelerator to get more power. It was just there for me. So then I decided to fill up again and i'm really noticing a difference in performance. The car felt more responsive and less sluggish compared to Costco fuels. On the down side, I'm paying about 50 cents a gallon more for Luk Oil. (ouch) But i do feel it in the performance.

Luk Oil's 93 octane truly feels "93" as opposed to Costco's 93 which feels like 87 comparatively.
IDK, but this is a true and real observation and not some type of placebo effect.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:04 pm 

Thanks for sharing that information, I have a road trip scheduled for tomorrow I'll give Luk a try.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:18 pm 

report back if you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 am 

so I came back from my road trip to Florida last night, I started off with a full tank of BP, with the hopes I would see LUK Oil during my travel. Unfortunately I was not able to find any stations with that name.

What I found and compared was Shell (93) with Sunocco (93). After 2500 miles of driving in four days, Shell (93) provided better performance. I felt the difference immediately, now that I'm back home I have no Shell stations within three mile radius, and their price per gal is an additional .30 to .50 cents.