Need somebody with INPA or DIS/GT1

MINIzguy

Need somebody with INPA or DIS/GT1

Post by MINIzguy »

I've got a E39 M5 with a P0420 code. Based on the generic code, it says that my bank 1 cats are bad. I highly doubt that though.

Does anybody in the Mountain Lakes/Parsippany/Morristown area have a diagnostic computer I can hook my car up to? I need to check my VANOS operation, fuel trims and O2 sensor readings.

I like in Mountain Lakes but work in Morristown.

Please help me out you CCA guys!

BJerolimic
Location: Glen Ridge, NJ . . . . . . '98 318ti - '01 M5 - '08 X5

Re: Need somebody with INPA or DIS/GT1

Post by BJerolimic »

MINIzguy wrote:I've got a E39 M5 with a P0420 code. Based on the generic code, it says that my bank 1 cats are bad. I highly doubt that though.

Does anybody in the Mountain Lakes/Parsippany/Morristown area have a diagnostic computer I can hook my car up to? I need to check my VANOS operation, fuel trims and O2 sensor readings.

I like in Mountain Lakes but work in Morristown.

Please help me out you CCA guys!
isn't that a generic OBDII code? not very useful on Bimmers from what I have seen, and often the generic scanners pick up less than with a BMW specific reader. Come to Montville and I can scan it on a Peake tool at least so you can get more accurate reading of error codes

and gone but not forgotten:
'00 323Ci Steel Grey / Black Dinan & UUC & Schnitzer mods
'89 325iX Diamond Black / Black 4dr 5spd Dinan chip, Ireland exhaust, H&R+Koni
'01 525iTa

MINIzguy

Post by MINIzguy »

It is a generic OBD code. The Peake reader won't give me anything more detailed than a similar cat efficiency code. I also went to the sister BMW dealer of the dealer I work with and they scanned the DME and gave me the same faults my OBD code gave me.

What I really need is to run INPA and look at my STFTs and O2 sensor values. Then I would like to test my VANOS and see if it is working fine, or if it is over advancing my timing and causing my car to run rich and essentially dump fuel through my cats.