Service person at JMK (or other NJ dealership)?

BimmerRules

Service person at JMK (or other NJ dealership)?

Post by BimmerRules »

Hi,

I have a '06 530xi (68k) and plan to change the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) + filter, and the all-wheel drive transfer case.

Thinking of doing it at a dealership and the service person I knew at JMK (Jacob Kolasinki) hasn't responded to my query for some time.

Wondering if any member knows other service persons at JMK or other NJ dealership supporting our club that they would recommend.

Thanks!
Last edited by BimmerRules on Tue May 21, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jnscaldwell

Post by jnscaldwell »

I would suggest contacting Tim Meritzis at Circle BMW.
17 F15 X5 40e
17 F25 X3 28i MSport
11 E92 M3 ZCP
04 E46 325cic
93 E36 325is - JS #172
12 Ford F350 King Ranch dually

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

jnscaldwell wrote:I would suggest contacting Tim Meritzis at Circle BMW.
Thanks! Will do.

Can I mention your name so that he appreciates the referral?

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

I think JMK was having some phone problems over the past couple of weeks. SAs weren't able to get messages. You might want to try again. I think the problem has been fixed.
CURRENT FLEET
2017 X5 35d
2000 328i (my first and still probably favorite)
2019 230 X-drive
2006 M3
2022 M3
Gone but not forgotten- 2008 E90 M3, 1991 325iX, 1989 325i, 2015 M235i Cabrio, 2019 Miata RF

TimCircleBMW

JMK

Post by TimCircleBMW »

Hello - I received your email and will respond with some pricing. Jacob is a fantastic advisor up there at JMK. If you still cannot reach him, we will be happy to help you here. Im assuming you live up that way? Send me PM and let me know if he got back to you - Tim
Tim M

1995 BMW M5 Euro Daytona Violet
1985 Subaru BRAT GL
1992 Mercedes 300D
1998 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
2021 Toyota Tundra 1794 TRD Offroad

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

Thank you Larry and Tim.

Larry - Email was only method of contact; did not use the phone.

Tim - I agree, Jacob's service was very good when I took the car to JMK last year and that is why I reached out to him again for the bigger work. Only reason I approached our forum seeking guidance was because I hadn't heard back from him for more than a few months in spite of reminders; so, I wasn't sure if he was still with JMK or just busy.

Interesting that he wrote to me this morning apologizing for the delay and got back to me on my queries/estimates.

Pleasantly surprised to see the power of our forum but I now regret mentioning his name because someone has obviously alerted him that forced him to respond right away.

That wasn't my intention and this has now probably irked him.

TimCircleBMW

Service

Post by TimCircleBMW »

Hey, what ever it takes to wake Jacob up!! None of us get irked! Glad to help!
Tim M

1995 BMW M5 Euro Daytona Violet
1985 Subaru BRAT GL
1992 Mercedes 300D
1998 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
2021 Toyota Tundra 1794 TRD Offroad

larryengel328

Post by larryengel328 »

Tim or Jacob - I don't think you'll go wrong either way! (Yes - our forum is very, very powerful. ) :wink:
CURRENT FLEET
2017 X5 35d
2000 328i (my first and still probably favorite)
2019 230 X-drive
2006 M3
2022 M3
Gone but not forgotten- 2008 E90 M3, 1991 325iX, 1989 325i, 2015 M235i Cabrio, 2019 Miata RF

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

:D

Thanks again gents!

rjychatham

Post by rjychatham »

Jacob is the best. Give him a shout.

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

Yup, Jacob is very good! I am taking the car to him for the AWD transfer case change. (Decided to do the transmission fluid change later once I can budget for it. A bit high for me as of now.)

Not only did he apologize for the delay many times, he also explained the reason and was able to offer me a lot of helpful information on the pricing and other queries.

In fact, his feedback was so good that I decided to do add an aux input to my car at his place.

Good service deserves more business. :)

LilVic20

Post by LilVic20 »

jnscaldwell wrote:I would suggest contacting Tim Meritzis at Circle BMW.
Agreed! Just left the dealer this morning from a service apt with Tim...

On a side note, since I moved towards the shore and recently discovered Circle BMW, I've stopped going to JMK. To me it felt that since JMK expanded, they have become incredibly slow (to say the least).

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

Update:

Jacob was FANTASTIC. I am not exaggerating. I made a mistake during one of the extra orders and Jacob was awesome in taking care of it and ensuring that I was fine with the outcome.

Definitely plan to go back to Jacob once I have the funds lined up for the transmission fluid work. :)

quite thankful for our forum and the members who posted their feedback. :) I am glad I followed your suggestion!

LilVic20: sorry to read about your experience. Other than the time when Jacob couldnt get back to me because of some other individual's delay, I can honestly say that JMK's service has been great. Loaner cars were always provided promptly, my car was always ready on the time it was promised and things were quite smooth.

davidmcintyre

Post by davidmcintyre »

BimmerRules wrote:Update:
Definitely plan to go back to Jacob once I have the funds lined up for the transmission fluid work. :)
Wow. I'm not sure if it's BMW or cars in general, but does the phrase above really blow people's minds? Since when is having your tranny fluid something that required cashing out your 401k (and since when has it become difficult enough that we call it "transmission fluid work" now)?

Yikes.

BimmerRules

Post by BimmerRules »

davidmcintyre wrote:
BimmerRules wrote:Update:
Wow. I'm not sure if it's BMW or cars in general, but does the phrase above really blow people's minds? Since when is having your tranny fluid something that required cashing out your 401k (and since when has it become difficult enough that we call it "transmission fluid work" now)?

Yikes.
I misphrased Mike Miller's old school maintenance guidelines on the ATF + filter change. So, sorry if that leads to you to wonder what the heck is this "tranmission fluid work". :)

In terms of cost: Going by what a few trusted BMW certified mechanics informed me (who actually work in BMW dealerships btw), it is a pain changing the transmission fluids for an automatic tranny. They weren't comfortable doing it and actually asked me to ingore Mike Miller's suggestions.

That's why I thought it might be better to do this @ the dealer, whom I am sure will do good if the work is not done right.

Since the price might come up to ~ $750 at the dealers, I wanted to ensure that I have funds lined up for this (as opposed to doing other maiintenance stuff on the car).

Not exactly breaking the 401k but still...

Hope that cleared your 'yikes'.
Last edited by BimmerRules on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.