Can anyone obtain service records for an M5?

Paul

Can anyone obtain service records for an M5?

Post by Paul »

I just purchased a 2000 M5 and I would like to get a copy of the service records on the car. The seller gave me his info, but the car was owned once before. Of course, BMW is no help. All they tell you is "BMW doesn't allow it because of privacy reasons." Does anyone have any way to obtain this info?

You can email me at pvenski@yahoo.com

m20power

Post by m20power »

Paul,

Each time I bought a used BMW, I went to my friendly dealer and they printed the service history. Maybe I'm lucky to have Hunterdon as my local dealer.

Bob

Paul

Post by Paul »

Bob,

I think you are lucky. Between your response and others I've read, it seems that Hunterdon is a good dealer. However, I don't use a dealer for my service so I don't have any relation with one. There are 3 dealers within a 10 mile radius of me and not one will help me. Maybe your dealer is so nice, they would like to help a fellow club member?

Paul

FauxM3

Nobody tried to contact me on this.... BUT....

Post by FauxM3 »

Lets assume the car was serviced at Open Road BMW for 10 years. There is no way Hunterdon, JMK, or any other dealer can get the "Service History". The only thing we can look up is warranty claims on the car. The rest (customer pay jobs) are not tracked by BMW via their DCS system. Feel free to call me next Tues when I return to work.

Tim
973-379-7744 X230
JMK BMW