Powder Coating in Central NJ?

kbsilver

Powder Coating in Central NJ?

Post by kbsilver »

Will be doing valve cover gaskets soon on the 540 (100K tune-up with plugs, O2 sensors, etc). My car has the funky bubbling/flaking gold paint on the covers. Thinking of getting them bead blasted and powder coated while they are off. The covers are magnesium but others have done this so must be OK for them.

Anyone know who could do a small job like this in central jersey and would have fast turn around?

Thanks!
-Keith

'11 335D & '17 340GT

rpob5t

Post by rpob5t »

well not in NJ, but not far from central jersey at all. I've used King coatings in Allentown, PA. I've dropped everything off to them from suspension pieces to and entire frame to a monte carlo SS, I've found them to be fast and the work to be excellent quality. Prices were very fair as well; this was a couple years ago but they charged me like $500 to sand blast and powder coat an entire frame, I dropped off a couple suspension (springs control arms and spindles) pieces mostly cleaned up for like $50. Here's the yellow pages add on them. pretty much right off 78/22 in allentown

edit:
just found that they have website (didn't have one previously that I was aware of):

http://www.kingcoatings.com/
Last edited by rpob5t on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cgraff

Post by cgraff »

Another option is in northern NJ:

Tom of TRG Coatings. He's a private operation out of Stockholm, NJ, but he does good work and is very reasonably priced. Again, small operation, but very good to deal with.

http://www.trgcoating.com/

Plus, he's on AIM all the time.

-Chris

LS2BMW

Post by LS2BMW »

Im down in the Manahawkin area, but I can do them for you if you would like, drop me a PM if you're interested.

-Morgan
morgan
98 bmw 540i/6 sport. 93 gmc typhoon #0180 . 93 toyota celica gt . 70 chevrolet el camino ss

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

Wespe4

Central Jersey Powder Coat

Post by Wespe4 »

Central Jersey Powder Coat

www.centraljerseypowdercoat. Give then a shout. They do quality work, im telling you guys.... Local guys, Small shop, and they guarantee all thier work. They are also affiliated with www.Pouderbuythepound.com. Quality dupont finishes.

cfaust

Re: Central Jersey Powder Coat

Post by cfaust »

Wespe4 wrote:Central Jersey Powder Coat

www.centraljerseypowdercoat. Give then a shout. They do quality work, im telling you guys.... Local guys, Small shop, and they guarantee all thier work. They are also affiliated with www.Pouderbuythepound.com. Quality dupont finishes.
So is this your company or something? You have three posts, all of them plugging this powder coat place. Perhaps it's a legit operation, but I don't see an address or phone number listed on the website (which could use some sprucing up as well).

Anyway...just last week I dropped a new rollbar off for powder coating at a place called Advance Products & Services. They're about 20 minutes from the NJ/PA rt78 border.

I called a few places on this thread (and our other powder coat threads) and they all wanted between $250 - $450 to powder coat the bar. APS, who I've used in the past, was $110 and done within a week. Not sure if it's still true, but they used to do powder coating for wheel collision center (and powder coated the centers of my BBS GT2's about 5 years ago). I've had a few wheel parts, and the M3 valve cover and plenum done there and have been happy with the outcome and price.

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Advance Products & Services
316 Broadway Ave
Wind Gap PA
610 863 0570
1996 318ti - Street
1989 325is - Track
1988 M3 - Garage
2005 Expedition - Tow

320iJT

Post by 320iJT »

Wind Gap diner has a good roast beef dinner! :D Located off RT 33. I went there years ago when I went to a classic car show with the old club I belonged to. Good food, friendly people. I probably ate there 5 times and never had a bad meal.
~ JT Burkard ~
Brick, NJ
1977 320i

cfaust

Post by cfaust »

Good to know JT. I'll be sure to pickup my rollbar around dinner time :D
1996 318ti - Street
1989 325is - Track
1988 M3 - Garage
2005 Expedition - Tow

zmbluedevil

Post by zmbluedevil »

cfaust wrote:Good to know JT. I'll be sure to pickup my rollbar around dinner time :D
How did it come out, I have a set of euro bumpers, manifold and a valve cover i would like to get done. I called or emailed couple the above mentioned places wasnt too impressed. Ill give these guys a try if you give me the thumbs up.