Windshield Replacement

mderienzo

Windshield Replacement

Post by mderienzo »

We awoke this morning to a horizontal crack from side to side in the '91 Volvo 740 Turbo windshield (there was a good chip to begin with). Then, on the way to work, ice/snow fell from a bridge and smashed the windshield on my '88 528e.

Can anyone recommend a good windshield replacement shop in NJ?

Other than replacing the gasket and lockstrip on the 528, is there anything else I should be aware of?

Please feel free to post any advise, good experiences, horror stories, etc.

Thanks,
Mark (Maybe I can get a group windshield replacement discount...)

vern

Post by vern »

I used Star Auto Glass in Linden about a year ago to put in a OEM windshield with rain sensor.Used them through State Farm.They did a good job and never had a problem with there work.
Good luck
vern

BobS

Post by BobS »

I had Motor Works West refer me to a fellow who did the work. It was ok. Litlle more noisy, but to be expected.

mderienzo

Post by mderienzo »

I ended up using Bart's in Bound Brook. They did a great job - both Volvo and the E28 got new Pinkington (sp?) windshields. No leaks and everything is clean. Great guys, too. I would highly recommend them.

What do you mean "a little more noisy"? Shouldn't it be the same as with the old windshield?

jont

Post by jont »

mderienzo wrote:I ended up using Bart's in Bound Brook. They did a great job - both Volvo and the E28 got new Pinkington (sp?) windshields. No leaks and everything is clean. Great guys, too. I would highly recommend them.

I used Bart's, too, on Matt's recommendation, to replace the rear window on my e30. They were good, and they were able to fit me in the next day.