Will I ever receive my Jeff Koons art car??

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
MTROIS

Will I ever receive my Jeff Koons art car??

Post by MTROIS »

Hello everybody,

I am writing to both relate my bad eBay experience but also to see if anybody could help me by any chance...

So long story short, I bought a 1:18 Jeff Koons Art Car on eBay on February 21 from a seller named 35-55mm... and still have not received it! :(

At the beginning things started already on the wrong side since the seller told me that he did not yet have the car and "they" were waiting to receive them from Germany. Since the communications were very polite and timely and since I had seen on other forums that indeed, this item was on back-order at the dealerships, I did not get too alarmed initially and I thought no problem. That was my first mistake, but what can you do, I do usually trust people, especially since all my previous experience with eBay had been great.

The communications went back and forth all the way to April 16th... but that was already past the 45 day period during which I was covered by the buyer protection program from eBay. That was my second (and biggest) mistake!!

Since April 16th... NOTHING! So, I am guessing I am now out of luck and got ripped off by this seller. I have contacted eBay, and although they will not reimburse me this purchase, I filed a complaint against this seller, and will follow up with my bank, IC3 (affiliated with he FBI) and also with the Police.

On the other hand, someone around here can perhaps help me locate this crook (who knows) because I have the strong feeling that he whether in the BMW community, or even works at a BMW Dealership in NYC or Brooklyn (remember the "they" above?).

So here is the information I have about this guy:

- Name: EDITED INFO... GOT MY REFUND!!!

What do you guys think?? I mean besides me being a little stupid on this one.... any ideas how I could locate this guy?
Last edited by MTROIS on Wed May 09, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

RAYADAM

Post by RAYADAM »

I am actually waiting for this model too..however not through ebay.
It is indeed true that they are back ordered.I ordered the model the last week of February,as of now there is no release date.
The Ebayer probably thought he or she could get them (probably the reason why I can't get mine because they order a large number of them to sell for profit).I know this doesn't help much , should of just placed an order with your local dealer and have same chance as me of getting one.
Ray
2011 X5d
2018 Shelby GT350

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

RAYADAM wrote:I am actually waiting for this model too..however not through ebay.
It is indeed true that they are back ordered.I ordered the model the last week of February,as of now there is no release date.
The Ebayer probably thought he or she could get them (probably the reason why I can't get mine because they order a large number of them to sell for profit).I know this doesn't help much , should of just placed an order with your local dealer and have same chance as me of getting one.
You are completely right Ray...except that I had no clue that this item was so hot at the time I bought the car on eBay!

Anyhow, I actually kept investigating and found some interesting info on this seller, which I have all included in my complaint with IC3, so now it is in the hands of the Feds.
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW

aschulze1

Post by aschulze1 »

Marc,

I checked the availability on these for you, they are still backordered and there is no estimated arrival date. It could be a while before you are able to buy one from a legitimate seller...like me ;).

Andrew
201-258-6008

RealM3E30

Koons Car

Post by RealM3E30 »

Andrew, ya better have one ordered for me ....... 8)
91 E30 M//3 GQ
88 E30 M//3 TR
07 E91 328XIT
12 E70 X5D
16 F31 MSport Wagon
71 2002 Vintage Race Car

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

aschulze1 wrote:Marc,

I checked the availability on these for you, they are still backordered and there is no estimated arrival date. It could be a while before you are able to buy one from a legitimate seller...like me ;).

Andrew
201-258-6008
Andrew,

I am a very patient man but you'd rather keep one for me !!

:lol:
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

Update!!

After I left a voicemail on the guy's phone indicating that I had filed a complaint with the Feds and the Police.... I got My refund within 20 minutes!!

Incredible, no? I am so relieved though....
Last edited by MTROIS on Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW

dwolter

Post by dwolter »

Sorry to hear about your eBay experience.

For what it's worth, I had placed an order for the Koons car back in early January from getbmwparts.com. At the time I placed the order they weren't sure what the shipping status was and said it might have even been sold out. Regardless, I received mine the first week of February to my door.

It's a great model and I'm sure you will be thrilled once it hopefully arrives.

David

dbcafy

Post by dbcafy »

I have one on order as well. Same story!