Trustable stereo installer in centralish NJ?

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
davidmcintyre

Trustable stereo installer in centralish NJ?

Post by davidmcintyre »

Time to replace the stock radio in my 2006 VW GTI. The XM radio in it has died, thus ruining my commute. I was thinking about doing the replacement myself, but it looks like replacing the OEM radio in this requires a bunch of adapter modules, antenna extensions, etc, and I would rather pay for a good installation than spend a whole weekend day doing the job.

Can anyone recommend a stereo installer somewhere in the Westfield area who I can trust to install an aftermarket radio without bungling up the whole car?

Thanks, Dave

CT88

Post by CT88 »

I went to SR Audio out in Lebanon, NJ to have my aftermarket head unit/gps installed after Best Buy butchered the lot. I've only been once and it was about 4 years ago, but when I was there it was a great experience and the person working on the car seemed to be very knowledgeable.

I can't find a website for them, but the address is: 1245 US Hwy No 22 E, Lebanon, NJ 08833, and their number: (908) 437-0222

Might want to give a call first to see if they are still there though, it has been a while.

-Chris
2001 M5
2015 X3
'96 Cosmos M3 over Modena - sold :(

balticvid

Post by balticvid »

I can recommend JEFF at Eurosport in Westfield.
I've seen some of his custom interior work. Their is none better.
Regards, Walt.

momoboy

Post by momoboy »

David, I have used Installations Unlimited many times. They are currently in Union on RT 22 but are moving to Kenilworth. They did some really complex installations in my truck and have done alarms in many of my cars. Here is a link:

http://installations-unlimited.com/

BTW, you might want to consider Crutchfield as a source to replace your OEM radio. They have all the adapters which they include with the radio you purchase. There is no guessing involved and probably would only take a few hours as it is plug and play. It will also save you a good amount of money.