Question On NJMVC Emissions Test

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
victory1auto

Question On NJMVC Emissions Test

Post by victory1auto »

The last time I had a vehicle inspected at a NJMVC inspection station, I was ordered out of my vehicle and made to wait in a booth while the various inspections was conducted and while the vehicle was moved from inspection to inspection. When the inspection process was completed, I was allowed access to my vehicle.

Now that the inspection is only an emissions test or an OBDII scan, do they still require you to wait at a distance from your vehicle?

I would appreciate anyone sharing his or her recent experience [Since August 2010].

Thanks!

Vic

ncoker

Post by ncoker »

Yes. At least in Westfield, where I had my car inspected recently, I had to get out of the car. They still tested the brakes and lights -- as a courtesy I guess.

Nafi

colin

Post by colin »

Yes. Considering how little they do now, it still seems to take just as long.

mmarv

Post by mmarv »

Yup same wait as before. Took mine to Edison (Kemper Rd) Don't remember if they did a a rolling test on the Rocket. But they did do an idle test, and used their nifty bottom cameras to visible check for a cat.
-------------------------
2017 BMW M2

MTROIS

Post by MTROIS »

...I just hate it when people (I do not really know) get in my car and, even worse, when they have to drive it!!
2019 M2 Competition (Euro Delivery!)
2008 M3 Coupé
1995 M3 LTW
...all Manual Transmissions!!

cfaust

Post by cfaust »

Yes, that was also the case at the Plainfield inspection station for my (OBDII) car. I think they moved it about 10' from the initial station to the place where the sticker was applied, but I was also the only customer in the place at the time.
1996 318ti - Street
1989 325is - Track
1988 M3 - Garage
2005 Expedition - Tow