Questions about the chapter toolbox

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
RonG

Questions about the chapter toolbox

Post by RonG »

Hi all,

I am preparing to give a recently acquired E36 ('93 318is, M42 engine) some needed TLC. My planned jobs will require a few special tools I see listed in the toolbox and also a couple the chapter does NOT have, which I plan to purchase.

1) Where IS the toolbox? The toolbox page on the site covers everything about the borrowing process, except where to pick up the tools. Is this a mere oversight or are they kept in some super-secret underground vault guarded by robot ninja monkeys, whose location is only to be revealed by encrypted email when I pony up the deposit check?

2) I don't expect to be using the special tools I purchase again for a long, long time (if ever). Would the chapter be interested in purchasing them (at a discount) for addition to the toolbox?

Thanks in advance!

alken

Post by alken »

Hi Ron -

I'm Ken, current custodian of the chapter toolbox.

I got your email - I'll be responding shortly. I'm located in Manville, Somerset County, as are the tools that aren't currently in 'circulation'.

Regarding purchasing tools, let's discuss that by email. I am long overdue for offering suggestions to the board for an updating the collection.

Look for an email soon.

Thanks,

Ken

ken@bimmertools.com
ImageImage

kishg

Post by kishg »

the tools are mostly hoarded by the e30 jawas in their sandcrawlers.. :)

RonG

Post by RonG »

That is, without doubt, scarier than an underground vault guarded by robot ninja monkeys. :)

kishg

Post by kishg »

RonG wrote:That is, without doubt, scarier than an underground vault guarded by robot ninja monkeys. :)
be afraid luke.. be very afraid...