Ken Block to race in the WRC.

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
brunhuber

Ken Block to race in the WRC.

Post by brunhuber »

Finally a chance to see how he compares to the big boys! He's on a limited schedule for 2010 with plans for a full schedule in 2011 racing for Ford.

--Norbert

Timmah

Post by Timmah »

Hard to imagine him not driving a Subaru. Would the Ford in this case be AWD or is there a FWD class?

brunhuber

Post by brunhuber »

It'd be 4 wheel drive. The top class of WRC converts all entries into tube-framed 4-wheel drive cars. There are other classes at the events beneath them that are production based.

Only a few privateers still field out-moded WRX's since the factory pulled their official support. I wish they and the Evo's would get back into it.

--Norbert

cholewski

Post by cholewski »

i agree norbert, i wish the WRX and EVO were still competing in WRC. i feel like both of those cars are just born and breed to be rally cars, so how could they NOT be competing in the WRC? Even the Audi's have such a history in rally racing, and yet the WRC has been widled down to just citroen & ford, for the most part. They need a much larger variety of manucturers to spice things up!

brunhuber

Post by brunhuber »

Getting Audi back in the mix would be excellent. They even market the all wheel drive A3 which is the right class of car.

--Norbert