Looking for Repair shop in Essex County/Bloomfield area

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
jmorrison973

Looking for Repair shop in Essex County/Bloomfield area

Post by jmorrison973 »

Can anyone recommend a shop in the Bloomfield area? I have a 2002 530 that needs some work and I really am reluctant to bring it to the Dealer. Not that they do not do good work at my local dealer, but i need to save a few dollars.

Thanks

john

kishg

Post by kishg »

none in bloomfield but i can recommend jeff machos in n. plainfield. pm for his #

jmorrison973

Post by jmorrison973 »

Thanks, but i would like something a little more local than plainfield. The car will not start, so it needs to be towed and i really dont want to tow it halfway across the state.

s38junkie

Post by s38junkie »

Since I started my Audi experiment last winter, I've gotten to know Allen over at KOS Motors in Montclair, NJ - great guy! Although he has tons of knowledge on older Audis, the shop also works on the full array of German cars including BMWs.

Two examples of their honesty:

1) I thought my wife's E36 M3 needed a wheel bearing and Allen discovered that the lug bolts on the passenger, front wheel had backed out (yikes! I swear I wasn't trying to kill my wife). Retightened lug bolts and sent me on my way.

2) My former 200TQ Avant had developed a nasty rattle at start-up. Allen found the bolts mating the center section of the exhaust to the cat were loose (and non-Audi). He torqued them down and the rattle went away and didn't return for the rest of my ownership of that car. No charge of course.

My father brought his air cooled P car there for service and was very pleased. He needed new rear sway bar links and the total bill was $120. None of the "this guy is rich because he drives a P car so we'll bilk him for everything" attitude. My Mom's A4 was also misdiagnosed with bad valley pan gaskets and all it needed was valve cover gaskets (a heck of lot cheaper).

Their number is 973-783-4267. Tell him you know Mike Kovac.

jmorrison973

Post by jmorrison973 »

Thanks, close enough to walk.