Hunterdon BMW Moving

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
TimCircleBMW

Post by TimCircleBMW »

Parallels have to be, and are being drawn between the Subaru Impreza STI, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo and the BMW 135. It is amazing how many of those cars are seen at BMW CCA driver's school events. Some of the owners are doctors and lawyers that wanted a balls to the wall FUN car for under 40k. Others are driver's in their late teens and early 20s that wanted the same thing. BMW did not offer anything like that at the time. I have people coming in everyday asking if the 135i is out yet and when.. 80% of the people coming and talking to me about it are 25 years old or younger. Kids are coming in with their parents to put a deposit on one INSTEAD of buying an EVO or STI. Heck, my signature a year ago looked like this:

Tim in NJ
1988 M5
2005 Lancer EVO MR
2001 M5
1988 M3

Idz21

Post by Idz21 »

So when is this dealership move finally going to happen? I like Hunterdon's 25% BMWCCA discount, and the empty dealer is about 2 miles away from my work, which would benefit me quite a bit :D
IIIM3 ZCP - Interlagos Blue on Ecru - Options {SMG-NAV-HFS-XHL-PDC}

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

BJerolimic wrote:Morristown is expanding as well, right?
Morristown is expanding, but moving from Madison Ave to Ridgedale Ave across town. The old Mountain Lakes/Denville location is also closing up shop and opening a new sales/service center in Roxbury, NJ on Rt. 46. It should be open mid to late spring. That location is just off of Rt. 80 and on my way home from work...I'm bound to get in trouble passing by that store everyday! :D

MMallory

Post by MMallory »

I hate expansion's.... because somebody (we) has to pay for the nice new buildings. JMK is expanding too. I guess we will "need" a parts discount just to afford a new set of plugs soon.

BTW, I never had any problems with Hunterdon's parts counter. I've never had service work there.

Mark

sgoatley2001e46

Post by sgoatley2001e46 »

With all the concern about parts and service, does anyone use any catalog/websites anymore? I'm a huge fan of Bavarian Autosport. They carry genuine BMW parts, or excellent aftermarket alternatives. At the worst, the pricing is the same as picking up from a BMW service center, but the customer service is second to none and shipping usually only takes a few days anyway. When there is a savings, I'm not suggesting it's huge, but it is often enough to keep me happy. Also, when I buy at least $150 in stuff (which is pretty easy), the shipping is free, save for a few large, heavy items.

NJMC40

Post by NJMC40 »

Just got some inside info that the move is temorarily being halted by a court order. Supposedly Open Road Edison and Morristown BMW (same owners?) are protesting the move and have taken Hunterdon BMW to court stating that the move would infringe on territorial boundaries set by BMW NA for each franchise.
90 E30 M3
04 E46 M3
04 Cooper S MC40 1 of 1000
02 525i Touring M Pkg
99 M Coupe
02 745li
99 328ci M Sport
07 Aston Martin DB9 Volante
01 911 Turbo
89 911 Cabriolet
15 Macan S
09 Cayenne GTS
18 Range Rover Velar
16 Range Rover Evoque
16 C300 4M

jont

Post by jont »

NJMC40 wrote:Just got some inside info that the move is temorarily being halted by a court order. Supposedly Open Road Edison and Morristown BMW (same owners?) are protesting the move and have taken Hunterdon BMW to court stating that the move would infringe on territorial boundaries set by BMW NA for each franchise.
They are part of the same group. That 'suit' has been going on for ages.

It's funny, I was at Hunterdon on Saturday to test drive a 135i, and the salesman implied they'd be breaking ground really soon. Apparently one of the other snags was housing complex complaining that it would generate too much traffic. It's funny, I guess they were OK with the Buick dealer that used to be there.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

NJMC40

Post by NJMC40 »

jont wrote:
NJMC40 wrote:Just got some inside info that the move is temorarily being halted by a court order. Supposedly Open Road Edison and Morristown BMW (same owners?) are protesting the move and have taken Hunterdon BMW to court stating that the move would infringe on territorial boundaries set by BMW NA for each franchise.
They are part of the same group. That 'suit' has been going on for ages.

It's funny, I was at Hunterdon on Saturday to test drive a 135i, and the salesman implied they'd be breaking ground really soon. Apparently one of the other snags was housing complex complaining that it would generate too much traffic. It's funny, I guess they were OK with the Buick dealer that used to be there.
Ryan Automotive - I think.
How did you like the 135I my brother ordered one for Euro delivery.
Loaded it was almost $47K I told him to get a 335ci but He loves the 1.
I may be getting a 2008 Z4 from Hunterdon - massive incentives now.
I will know tomorrow on the Z4

On the move, if they stay where they are - its only 15 min from me. 8)
Although their place is a bit tiny now that everyone has expanded.
Too much traffic? LOL
That's a good one - as it is that place is already a parking lot at that RT 287 / 202 / 22 junction. At least the BMW's will be able to dodge in and out of traffic :lol:
90 E30 M3
04 E46 M3
04 Cooper S MC40 1 of 1000
02 525i Touring M Pkg
99 M Coupe
02 745li
99 328ci M Sport
07 Aston Martin DB9 Volante
01 911 Turbo
89 911 Cabriolet
15 Macan S
09 Cayenne GTS
18 Range Rover Velar
16 Range Rover Evoque
16 C300 4M

jont

Post by jont »

NJMC40 wrote:
Ryan Automotive - I think.
How did you like the 135I my brother ordered one for Euro delivery.
Loaded it was almost $47K I told him to get a 335ci but He loves the 1.
The one we drove was an automatic with the flappy paddle shifters, which are mandatory when you get the 'sport package'. The 135i has a sport suspension already, so getting the package gets you a different front spoiler. Regardless, it's one quick little beast, but the automatic made it feel less connected to the engine. The engine had a good sound, and was noticeable, but not loud. Its ride felt really composed, especially with three adults in the car.

If I didn't already have a small car, I think I'd like it more. I like the look of the 335ci better, but I haven't driven one yet. I'd prefer all wheel drive, which almost rules out the 1 series.

I'm trying not to think about it too much until AFTER I pay out my taxes next week.
That's a good one - as it is that place is already a parking lot at that RT 287 / 202 / 22 junction. At least the BMW's will be able to dodge in and out of traffic :lol:
Well, it has been closed for a while now, and someone is panicing. It wouldn't surprise me that someone from one of those dealerships lives there or has a friend who does, and spread the seeds of 'fear'.
-Jon Trudel, #163357

staianoa

Finally Moving...

Post by staianoa »

Just an update to the Hunterdon BMW move thread: they will finally be moving to Bridgewater this summer (Jun/Jul?). Just in time for me to take delivery of a shiny orange 1 Series M!

momoboy

Post by momoboy »

They are moving along with construction. I pass it all the time. They will now be 3 minutes from my house. Sweet!