Independent Mechanic Recommendation - Hunterdon County

Anything that doesn't fit in other forums goes here.
nj325ci

Independent Mechanic Recommendation - Hunterdon County

Post by nj325ci »

I need to have a front lower control arm replaced on my wife's 1997 E320. Looking for a shop like Shade Tree but hopefully a little closer to home in the Clinton, Hunterdon county area. I have the parts but my coil spring compressor isn't getting it done on his application. It requires the Klann internal type compressor or something similar. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

BTW I have to replace it because its about to rust through and fail. I caught the other side about a year ago just as it was about to break off at the lower ball joint. Apparently this is a common failure on the W210 chassis E class. I'll never complain about replacing worn control arm bushings on my BMWs again, it sure beats near catastrophic failure! If/when this car finally dies or gets impractical to maintain it will be replaced with a 6 speed 5 series.

Thanks! Bill

daytripper

Post by daytripper »

I usually go to Dave Graham at Oldwick Village Garage if I need something done I can't do myself. If he's not available I would go to Rich Kiceniuk's shop in Annandale. fwiw.

nj325ci

Post by nj325ci »

Thanks much. I'll give Dave a call.