Lodging for Palmer?

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
gfield

Lodging for Palmer?

Post by gfield »

Attending the May Palmer event with DelVal. Where do people recommend to stay? Hotels look sparse and around 20 miles away. Please post suggestions.

Greg Field
1997 Boston Green M3 Coupe
2015 Arctic Silver 328d Xdrive
2016 Silver Tahoe

RonG

Re: Lodging for Palmer?

Post by RonG »

Greg, I was in the same boat. The closest option appears to be Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, about 7 mi/10 minutes from the track. Generally positive reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp, including a few from Palmer vets. Photos show it as pretty no-frills but it has the essential amenities (mini-fridge, wifi, TV) and seems to get consistently high marks for cleanliness. I decided to give it a shot.

Note that the first night must be paid at booking and this is a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit. I'm not sure whether that is only due to a special event in the area that weekend (not the DE) but there it is.

Be sure to mention you're coming for Palmer if you book there--they're offering discounted rates. Otherwise you'll get the event rate.
2011 Azurite Black/Oyster Individual 335xi
2003 Black Sapphire/Natural Brown 330Ci
2022 San Remo Green/Oyster 430i

mcahn

Re: Lodging for Palmer?

Post by mcahn »

I just made a reservation there -- they only have a couple of rooms left during the Delval event. I haven't been there but as Ron said the reviews are quite positive.

-- Matthew

gfield

Re: Lodging for DelVal Palmer Event?

Post by gfield »

Thanks Ron! Any other recommendations?