Oktoberfest Track Video

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
colin

Oktoberfest Track Video

Post by colin »

A few high/lowlights from Thunderbolt on Thursday. Great weather and lots of clean fun. This was really a shakedown cruise for me - making sure both I and the car were OK. Not really pushing it, but having a good time anyway!

Video from Lightning coming soon.

RonG

Re: Oktoberfest Track Video

Post by RonG »

I can't razz you about the EZPass on the windshield because I've committed that sin a few times...but why is there a suitcase on your right sun visor?! :P

Good stuff. Can't wait to see Lightning. (I'd bet your car you didn't get past Lisa with all that carry-on luggage.)
2011 Azurite Black/Oyster Individual 335xi
2003 Black Sapphire/Natural Brown 330Ci
2022 San Remo Green/Oyster 430i

colin

Post by colin »

That's actually a sunglass case that's glued to the visor. I tried to take it off but just made a mess.

I never really understood the EZPass thing. That's on there so tight, if I ever had an accident that made it come loose, the mushroom cloud would be a way bigger concern than a small piece of plastic. Oh well.

afadeev

Post by afadeev »

colin wrote:That's actually a sunglass case that's glued to the visor. I tried to take it off but just made a mess.

I never really understood the EZPass thing. That's on there so tight, if I ever had an accident that made it come loose, the mushroom cloud would be a way bigger concern than a small piece of plastic. Oh well.
Agreed on EZPass.
It's staying attached to the windshield even if you roll the car 10x times.

Some people understand that. Some don't.

a

RonG

Post by RonG »

True, a properly-mounted EZPass is not going anywhere. What about an improperly attached unit--for example, one that was installed in haste and is not firmly bonded to the glass? Fringe cases like that are what the directive is meant to address.

It is unlikely an EZPass transponder will detach on track and cause an incident. It is impossible if it is not in the car in the first place. Likewise, all of the tech requirements aim to reduce the probability of an incident--to zero, when practical (and especially when trivially so).

Some people understand that. Some don't.
2011 Azurite Black/Oyster Individual 335xi
2003 Black Sapphire/Natural Brown 330Ci
2022 San Remo Green/Oyster 430i

RealM3E30

Post by RealM3E30 »

If you crash, the EZ Pass will be your smallest worry 8)
91 E30 M//3 GQ
88 E30 M//3 TR
07 E91 328XIT
12 E70 X5D
16 F31 MSport Wagon
71 2002 Vintage Race Car

MrMCoupe

Post by MrMCoupe »

The issue is if the plastic falls and gets under the pedals to cause the crash. Keeping insurance rates low helps us all. Why gamble on something that only takes 2 seconds to remove!?!

Some of the tech requirements seem petty until you see vidoes of what happened to others when the unlikely did happen.

colin

Post by colin »

There's really no conceivable way the EZPass is coming off *before* an accident that demolishes the car. Just can't happen.

Anyway! Here's my video from Lightning on Saturday. Red run group again. Some late passes, some illegal passes, just no EZPasses!