helmet headset

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
colin

helmet headset

Post by colin »

Last detail left before Ofest: is this the headset I want for my helmet?

http://www.chatterboxusa.com/headset-in ... t-CBDUOUHS

It's a little different from my old one, which has six pins. What are all the cool kids using now?

mcahn

Re: helmet headset

Post by mcahn »

Hi Colin,

That's the one -- I bought one before our last event. The newer intercoms take the 3.5 mm jack pictured in your link. The older ones take the 6-pin connector, so I at the same time that I bought the headset I also bought the 3.5 mm to 6-pin adaptor. My instructor turned out to have the older style intercom, so it was a good thing.

The two earpieces and the microphone attach to the helmet with velcro. The velco has an adhesive backing which I found does not hold them on. I wound up gluing the velcro into the helmet.

Matthew

bvanocker

Post by bvanocker »

Hi Colin,

I think it's great that you're considering the headset, makes things easier when getting ready. But as Matthew mentioned, many of the instructors have the older communicators. So without the adaptor, you may wind up having to use the separate speaker/mic that the instructor will have.

Bill

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

I can hear better with the two-earpiece headset than I can with the single-earpiece ones that the instructors provide, so I'd suggest it for anyone who has trouble hearing their instructor over the ambient noise on the track. And it's faster getting going, as long as you've glued in the velcro so you don't wind up with an earpiece velcroed to your hair inside the helmet.

Matthew

bvanocker

Post by bvanocker »

Hi Colin & Matthew,

I have one further suggestion about the dual speakers & the velcro. These never stay put, so I've taken a seam cutter, made a small opening in the helmet liner seam, inserted the speakers, and restitched. I've done this to my past and present helmets and it works great.

Bill

colin

Post by colin »

Thanks, guys. I found it here for a good price and cheap shipping:

http://www.soloperformance.com/Chatterb ... 10760.html

I looked on Amazon first, but I smelled a ripoff.

See youse guise next week!