Ofest Tech inspection

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
andypot1985

Ofest Tech inspection

Post by andypot1985 »

So Ofest is going to be my first time running in an organized track event. I am participating in Friday and Saturday's Shell Driving School event. I was on track a few years ago but, it was more of a private session and not in a BMW. I'm very excited about this.

I have a few questions about tech inspection:
I was reading the rules and see that tech inspection is not completed onsite and that it needs to be done beforehand by a repair shop. Can anyone elaborate on this? Do I need to take my car to a specific shop to have it inspected?

Thanks,
Andrew

jwhite

Re: Ofest Tech inspection

Post by jwhite »

Hi Andrew,

Glad you are coming to Ofest. We know you will have fun.

Yes you will need a tech form and a Med form to participate. For the tech form, we require that the inspection be done by someone who is qualified to do so. For some members, that can be the member. If you are not technically inclined, then you may need a mechanic to do the inspection. Some dealers will do this for free if you tell them it is for a BMW CCA event. Regardless of who actually does the inspection, the driver needs to sign the form and take responsibility that the inspection was performed.

The forms can be downloaded from the national site: http://ofest.bmwcca.org/events/hpde The links are in orange just above the Bridgestone graphic about a third of the way down the page.

Let me know if you have other questions. See you soon.

Jeff