2012 Track events - Mark your calendars

Come here to discuss anything on the topic of our highly regarded Driver School program.
jwhite

2012 Track events - Mark your calendars

Post by jwhite »

Seasons greetings everyone,

We now have confirmed dates for our 2012 track events. For the first time in a while we are running the same events, at the same time and on the same tracks as the previous year.

April 16-17, Lightning (with ITS)
June 4-5, Thunderbolt (with Club Race and Club Race School)
July 28-29, Summit Point, main track (with Club Race)
Sep 15-16, Summit Point, Shenandoah
Oct 14-15, Lightning (Intro School)

So, while you are enjoying your favorite holiday beverage, get out your calendar and save the dates! For anyone needing a late gift idea, remember that we will only accept Snell05 and Snell10 helmets this year AND it is possible for us to arrange a gift certificate for a track event.

We will post another message when we get registration open on Motorsportreg.

Happy holidays all.

Jeff

jnscaldwell

Post by jnscaldwell »

It's going to be a great season. Can't wait!
17 F15 X5 40e
17 F25 X3 28i MSport
11 E92 M3 ZCP
04 E46 325cic
93 E36 325is - JS #172
12 Ford F350 King Ranch dually

3liter1

nj motorsports park helmet requirements

Post by 3liter1 »

Hi! In the registration materials for the April driving school it states: "you must bring a face shield for your full face helmet" what does that mean? I have a full face helmet, but it is the type with only a visor. (keeps the eyeglasses from getting foggy). Is this type of helmet acceptable? (snell 2005)
Thanks!

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

Current NJ state regulations (enforced by the State Police who have jurisdiction over all motorsports events) state that a full face helmet with a shield must be worn during on-track events. In the past we have had some latitude with enforcement such that we have allowed full face helmets without the shield in place since we run closed cockpit cars. For cars with an airbag, we recommend that drivers either wear their shield closed or remove it. Similarly, we recommend that visors be removed. There is some evidence that if the airbag deploys, it can catch on an open shield or the visor and forcibly push the driver's head back.

Because the State Police can, at any time, come to one of our events and require that shields be worn, we suggest that participants bring their shield so it can be installed. In your case, you would have to buy or borrow another helmet if that situation was to occur. We leave it to your decision as to whether you want to replace your helmet or not.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Jeff

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

I saw this post and realize I don't know the difference between a visor and a shield (even after some googling). Would you clue me in? I have the Snell 2005 version of this helmet:

http://soloracer.com/proeliminator.html

Is the clear thing the closes over the eye port a visor or a shield? They seem to call it a shield.

Matthew

jwhite

Post by jwhite »

Matthew,

Yes, your helmet has a face shield. Here is a photo of a helmet with a visor:
http://soloracer.com/pyrotectvisor.html

Let me know if you have other questions.

Jeff

mcahn

Post by mcahn »

I see, thanks.

Matthew